Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge -- Guest Artist

Today I am super excited to announce that I was asked to be a 
Guest Artist for one of my favourite challenges: 


The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based 
on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog
A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  


To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and 
the following photo badge as inspiration. 
There will be an inlinkz on the challenge post where you can submit your entries.

Here's the photo badge for November by which we are to be inspired:


Isn't this a fabulous fall collage?
I was inspired by the rich browns & fall colours, the basket of apples in the top photo,
the leaves on the window in the photo beneath it and the box of gourds at the bottom.
Here's my card:


I started by stamping the images from my Essentials by Ellen Thankful stamp set
in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Strathmore watercolour paper and heat embossing it in clear.
I ask stamped a few leaves and the one gourd onto their coordinating diecuts,
which I created using the Essentials by Ellen Thankful dies.


I ran my panel partially through my diecutting machine with my pumpkin die
to diecut part of it and used my trimmed to trim off the edge.
I stamped my Concord & 9th Barnwood Background stamp onto a strip of brown cardstock
in Altenew Evening Grey ink and used it as a border on my card.


I stamped my sentiment (also from Essentials by Ellen Thankful stamp set)
in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it in clear. 
I created the basket by trimming a piece of grey cardstock
and blending Altenew Evening Grey ink onto it with my Ranger Ink Blending Tool.
I adhered it with dimensional adhesive and tucked the gourd inside
and the leaves in front.

-- I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

congrats on your guest designer spot - and wonderful inspiration card, Leigh!

Lisa said...

Yay you, congrats on guesting Leigh!! I like the leaves cascading down your pretty card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful! Love the cascading leaves down onto the basket of beautiful gourds! What a perfect look for fall!

Miriam Prantner said...

Congrats on guest designing! I love the movement and the little bin you created!