Friday, October 20, 2006

I love to read

Ever since I was a little kid, reading has always been one of my favourite things to do.

I remember my dad coming into my room and threatening to turn off my light while I read in bed. “Just to the end of this chapter,” I’d request. But then, it was so hard to not start the next one!

Now, as an adult, I still love to read. But it has to be fiction. I have a hard time reading non-fiction (and I don’t like to read newspapers, either!)

But give me a good fiction book where I can totally sink into the story line and I’m happy. If I had to pick a favourite genre, it would probably be Christian Adult Fiction. My favourite authors include Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury, Angela Hunt and Dee Henderson. My favourite books are the ones that both entertain me, but also inspire me to be a better person in some aspect of my life or personality.

I also like to read Chick Lit books. Ones where I can just enjoy the story line and relax.

I also like to read scrapbooking magazines and idea books, which include most of the journaling that other scrapbookers include on their pages.

I’m thinking this will still be something that I will be saying when I’m old and gray: "I love to read."

1 comment:

anita said...

those Chick Lit books sound interesting...maybe i'd even finish one!!