Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekend update

LOL!

I've noticed that for the past couple of weeks, I've only been posting on the weekends, which makes sense, because I've been working quite a bit during the week and then been busy in the evenings (or just too tired to move!) I worked every day this week, except Wednesday (Remembrance Day), where I helped Cameron fence at the farm all day long (& I have the sore shoulder to prove it!)

So, I have a few things to share today, both scrappy & non-scrappy.

Non-scrappy first...

Austin & I tested for our blue stripes in tae kwon do yesterday. This colour belt test took place in Manitou, with about forty to fifty people testing. I was actually one of the eighth highest ranking people testing (the black belts are testing today in Winnipeg), which seemed strange, as last year, at my first test, there were lots of people in higher ranks above me.

So, the test went well, except I felt quite winded during it and my mouth was so dry! I didn't think I'd tested as well as I had at the last two tests, but surprise, surprise, they awarded me the Most Improved Award, saying that I had the best tae kwon do manner at the test! I was quite shocked (normally the awards go to children) & pleased! I should get my promotion at Wednesday night's class.

On to scrappy stuff...

1. Here are two of the layouts I made at the MSS online crop last weekend:





2. I have a post at The Inspired Scrapper this week. You can check it out here. And remember, if you leave a commment there, you'll get your name entered into a draw to win a RAK from our monthly sponsor.

3. And speaking of RAKs, it's give-away week on the MSS blog. And I posted yesterday with a layout where I used chipboard in a different way. I'll be drawing from the list of people who leave a comment on my post next week. If you'd like to see my post and leave a comment, here's a link: A different use for chipboard.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Posh Designs said...

Super cute LOs and photos totally dig your style! Glad I stumbled upon your blog! ~ Nini :)

Leah said...

congrats on the belt!
love the pink kitty!

Jennifer said...

congrats and I love your layouts!! :)

mike griffin said...

Way to go on your belt testing Leigh!! Layouts are awesome, as always!
:O)

Anne Krashel said...

Finally had a chance to catch up on your blog.
Sounds like an amazing retreat you went on and loving all your layouts. So many more into my file to scraplift. (thanks)
Congrats on the new belt.

Unknown said...

congrat's on your belt promotion!
Great LO's too!! Hope the new job is treating you well.

Julie Overby said...

Congrats on your belt and your award. That's great!

Your layouts are too cute.

I've been subbing a bunch too. It's hard to keep when working so much isn't it?! LOL