1. I had my last day of work on Monday and am now off for the summer! :)
The kids will go to school until next Friday, which is kind of nice for me to have a few days off without them. But don't tell them I said that. ;)
2. Jonah and I are off to Winnipeg today for his grade four field trip. We'll be going to the IMAX to see a polar bears show and then to glow-in-the-dark mini-golf. I'm taking my van along, so after the mini-golf, when his classmates return home, he and I will do a little shopping and then go out for supper with my mom.
3. Plans are being made for a trip to the Congo this fall and it looks like I'll be going along again. I'm quite excited to return and see the friends I made last time. It's great to be able to serve as a translator for our team. I'm also looking at hosting another fundraising crop at the end of September, to help finance the trip.
4. Sage and I were looking through the February issue of Scrapbook Trends together the other day and came across a layout where the two sisters in the photo had formed a heart with their hands. So we decided to try it...
Kind of fun. :)
I'm looking forward to scrapbooking these photos. I know, you're shocked. ;)
5. I mentioned in my post yesterday that my friend, Susan, came over the other day to make cards with me and brought her Happy Hydrangea stamp set along. Well, she also brought her Harvest Berries stamp set, too, which she left at my house for me to use (I love having PTI-loving friends who are good about sharing!) I decided to use this set to make another card for this week's this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: bordered sentiments.
Ren-Yi posted a Papertrey Princess challenge to only use cardstock and stamps to create a card, so I decided to tackle that challenge as well.
Here's what I created:
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, aqua mist) & stamps (distressed stripes, harvest berries, think big favourites #12, modern wood mats).
Thanks for looking!