1. Today is the last day of school for my kids! Let summer begin! LOL!
2. We're thinking of putting a deck in our backyard and getting a patio set to go with it. We looked at this set at Walmart on Tuesday evening, but will be waiting for it to go on sale.
I did pick these up, though, in anticipation of eating outside:
Aren't they pretty? I also picked up a new water glass:
Look! It's got bicycles on it! I ♥ bikes!
3. I got an email earlier this week, informing me that I'm going to be a cover girl! That's right! One of my cards that was requested for publication in Papercrafts' Holiday Cards & More: Volume 7 is going to be on the cover!
4. I also got an email from Diana Opiela recently, asking if she could repost this blog post on her online magazine: Weekly Scrapper. Here's the link.
5. Yesterday was my mom's birthday. We're going to take her out for lunch today and bring her her gift. Here's the card I made for her, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Step It Up: Embellishments.
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (on the links) and dies (clouds). I also used My Mind's Eye and Echo Park patterned paper and SU! pearls.
I stamped the little golf cart in Versamark and then heat embossed it with white. I then stamped the wheels again and heat embossed them with black. I cut out the wheels and adhered them over the white ones. Then I cut out the whole cart and added some pearls for hubcaps.
For the clouds, I diecut the cloud die from a post it note and used the negative as a mask. I dipped my finger in PTI Fresh Snow ink and rubbed it in circles several times to ink the clouds on the aqua mist cardstock.
Well, I think that's it for me...
Thanks for looking!