Friday, August 10, 2012

Five for Friday

1. On Sunday, we took the kids for a walk in the Pembina Valley.




2. I love how creative Sage is! Earlier this week, she decided to make some clothes for her stuffies out of white cardstock and markers-- so cute!


3. In preparation for their taekwondo promotion test, Jonah and Sage got to break some boards in class on Tuesday evening. It was a first for both of them-- and they both broke them using back kicks.


4. On Wednesday evening, they both did super well at their promotion test!




Jonah struggled with breaking with the back kick and ended up switching to an axe kick, where he was successful! So proud of how hard they tried!

5. And on the crafty side...

I wanted to share the card that I made for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger this week:


I was inspired by the different coloured keys, as well as the old fashioned feel of the typewriter. Here's the card I created:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (true black, soft stone, stamper's select white, aqua mist, harvest gold, pure poppy, hawaiian shores), stamps (shutterbug special), impression plate (simple stripes) and dies (modern uppercase alphabet, half & half).

The left over letter diecuts were sitting on my desk, so I decide to make another card with them, using the same stamp set:



I also used PTI banner builder dies & mega mat stack #5, some My Mind's Eye decorative brads and Echo Park patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Tracey Jean said...

I am in absolute "lurv" with your cards. Now I have to add this stamp set, the dies, and soft stone ink to my next PTI shopping list.
Congrats to the kiddos as well...

Deb said...

So proud of Jonah and Sage! And I just love Sage's craftiness!


Your cards are perfect for the MF challenge! Love those circles representing the keys in the first card!

Karen C. said...

Love your Camera card ... the die cut letter really 'pop' against the black and white image background. The red flags and brads add a great detail too!! Congrats to Jonah and Sage ... super achievement!

Sherri said...

You got some really great shots of the kids Leigh, both at the park and in the gym. Love your cards, a perfect take on the inspiration piece! Have a wonderful weekend Leigh.

Anonymous said...

Love these cards. Thanks.

Kelly Griglione said...

Congrats on your kids' promotions, Leigh! Love both of your cards for the challenge, and especially enjoy how you created a second card from the scraps that is just as good as the first card. Way to be efficient and economical!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Leigh! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, that camera stamp is awesome.

We just got back from a week in Virden, MB and while I was born in MB I'm not familiar enough to know where Pembina Valley is. Looks like a great place to go for a walk.