1. This has seriously been the longest winter ever! I came back from DR Congo to snow at the beginning of November and we still have lots of the white stuff around! It's actually snowing as I type this. Sigh....
2. We've been busy this week with the Morden Festival of the Arts... Austin performed a couple of poems with his class on Tuesday morning. He has been with this group of kids since Kindergarten and it's crazy to me to think that they'll be in high school next year!
Austin also performed two solo poems (one in French and one in English) and did very well.
On Wednesday morning, Sage performed two solo poems (one in French and one in English) and did very well, too. I was talking to the chair person later who told me that only 4 or 5 A-pluses were handed out during the two days... and Sage got one of them!
On Wednesday afternoon, Jonah performed two solo poems (one in French and one in English) and did very well, also. I'm so proud of my kids! I love to see them work hard on something and succeed!
Also, Austin & Jonah performed a duet together called Monopoly. It was really good! I didn't get a shot of them together (Austin had to get back to school for a choir concert right after his adjudication), but I did snap this cute photo as they were sitting waiting for the other performers to finish. I love how Austin had his arm around his little brother-- so sweet!
3. On Wednesday evening, Austin's choir held a fundraising concert for their upcoming trip to the Banff Choral Festival. They had a singer come out from Winnipeg to perform as well, and sang True Colours with her as a finale.
4. Last night, at taekwondo, Sage & Jonah submitted their application forms to test for their poom (junior black belts) in May. And I handed mine in to test for my 2nd degree black belt :)
Also, Jonah, who'd been stressing out about board breaking at our tournament next weekend, broke three boards with back kicks-- we were so excited and proud of him! Hopefully this will get his confidence up for competing next Saturday....
5. And lastly, because I always love to include my projects on my blog, I wanted to share a layout that I made. I used American Crafts cardstock (12x12) and Echo Park patterned paper.
I used two of my newest PTI stamp sets on here. I stamped the super cute banners from Birthday Style as a border below my large photo and I used Bountiful Banners for part of my title.
Thanks for looking!