Well, it's the 25th of the month, which means it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.
The challenge is hearts.
I absolutely love the collage of photos Nichole chose!
So I decided to make my cards, based on the photos she picked.
Nichole also challenged us to make them for the people who are dearest to us in the world.
I've made my cards for my three children. :)
First up, my Valentine's card for my oldest son, Austin.
I was inspired by the top left hand photo -- Austin's favourite colour is orange.
Here's my card:
I stamped the sentiment (from Monthly Moments: February) in versa mark and heat
embossed it in white on orange zest card stock.
Then, I inked up my craft mat with some scarlet jewel ink and sprayed it with water.
Using a paint brush, I painted the heart, free hand.
Then, I repeated this process with some raspberry fizz ink, trying to just ink in certain areas of the heart.
When it was dry, I ran the panel through my diecutting machine with my PTI woodgrain IP.
Next, I was inspired by the photo in the first column, second from the bottom.
I love the layered filmy hearts!
I decided to use my new Masterpiece kit to make my card for Sage...
I stamped the solid heart from the kit's stamp set repeatedly on my stamper's select white background,
in melon berry, sweet blush, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz and pure poppy.
Then, I cut a piece of vellum and heat embossed my sentiment on it in white (MM:February).
I sewed it onto my white panel and filled it with some sequins (Pretty Pink Posh's Raspberry, Pink Blush, Pink Peonies, Watermelon).
I love the way the hearts look under the vellum panel!
For my next card, I was inspired by the pencil crayons in the bottom left-hand column.
Since, Jonah has taken up drawing, I decided to use my new Masterpiece kit for his card.
On a panel of stamper's select white, I stamped the frame in versa mark and heat embossed it in white.
Then, I inked it with my Tim Holtz blending tool in pure poppy,
orange zest, summer sunrise, limeade ice & simply chartreuse.
I stamped the sentiments & diecut the frame.
I added some enamel dots to the front and added a few diecut paintbrushes.
To add some authenticity to my paint brushes, I heat embossed the coloured part in clear, so they shine a little, like they're wet.
Well, that's it for me today.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop -- the PTI blog hops are always so inspiring!
Thanks for looking!
Thanks for looking!