Saturday, January 16, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Girly -- Take Two

It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

(*Note: I posted my first take for this challenge yesterday (here), 
along with the Pretty Pink Posh 2 Year Celebration Blog Hop, 
but wanted to post all of the info on my blog today.)

The LEAD of the Girly Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

I love all of the sweet elements in this photo and decided to zero in on
the border along the side, the bird tuque and the colours to make my card.

I started by using a piece of Papertrey Ink patterned paper as my cardstock.
I then stamped my flowers and leaves (from Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals).
I found this chipboard bird in the my stash when I was purging,
so I stamped my sentiment both on my background and on the bird,
using SSS's Big Scripty Sentiments.

Because I was worried about the ink smearing on the chipboard bird,
I heat embossed my Versafine onyx black ink in clear.
Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!
Thanks for looking!


Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this, Leigh!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!

Kay Miller said...

Leigh this is just beautiful in every way! I love the little cluster!!

Susan Egan said...

Your cards are great. This blog hope has been great. I love finding so many new places for inspiration and your designs are fun and lovely.

Karen B. said...

I thoughts the florals were chipboard too! Amazing stamping~

Bobby said...

I need to get out that WPlus9 set again. The flowers you made with it are wonderful, Leigh, and stamping across the bird is a unique idea.

Sherrie M. said...

That Curtain Call inspiration photo is quite a challenge . You nailed it with this card. Colors and design are wonderful.

Zarah said...

Wow... I could hardly believe those are STAMPED! Need to get those stamps, for sure. :) Your card is stuuuunning!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!!

Cindy Beach said...

i LOVE your elements, Leigh, and how you chose what to use from the inspiration. Your card is a show stopper! So beautiful and fresh. Love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

So sweet! LOVE the bird and love the colors! And I adore how you stamped over the bird image! That is just pure fun!

maria f. said...

That red bird jumped right out of the gallery at me ;) Lovely design.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! I love your sweet cluster of flowers!

Celeste Goff said...

What a stunning card Leigh!!!