Friday, September 16, 2016

Five for Friday

1. I asked the kids if they could pose for a photo for me
to put on my desk at my new workplace.
We went into the backyard and the first few I took, 
their faces looked a little forced.
So I said: "This is going up at my work. 
I don't want people seeing it and wondering if there's something wrong with my kids!"
This made them laugh and I got this gem:


And then when they settled, I got this one: 


I'm pretty happy with it!


2. Last weekend, Sage and I were busy in the kitchen...
We made a bunch of casseroles, lasagnas and meatballs to put in the freezer.
Each of my kids has chosen a day of the week to be responsible to make supper for the family.
On Tuesday, Sage put one of the lasagnas we made in the oven for me,
so we could eat shortly after I got home.
Last night, when I got home, Austin had barbecued a hamburger for me
and it was waiting for me to eat when I came though the door -- this was fabulous!
They've pitched in and made my transition to full time a lot easier!


3. I started my job on Monday at TWO30NINE by Decor.
where I am a Design Consultant.
I feel like I've won the lottery -- I just love it!
My coworkers are super friendly, helpful and encouraging.
I took a few photos to share...


This is the showroom upon entering the front doors.
Isn't it gorgeous?
The first time I walked through, I felt like I heard the angels singing: "Ahhh!"


This is the kitchen upstairs where I make my lunch and I 
eat it in this lovely lunch area, which doubles as a training room.



And here is my workspace, which is in an office with four other designers.


There is a lot to learn, but I'm totally loving it!
It just feels like such a perfect fit for me and my new coworkers & boss 
have made me feel right at home.
So much so that...


4. I made some butter crunch last night to take to them today,
along with a card, that I created for this month's Create Along With Us
with Papertrey Ink.
I was inspired by this card by Kay:


Isn't it pretty?

I also used this week's ColourQ #359:


Here's my card...


I started by blending aqua mist ink onto the top of a piece of white cardstock.
I stamped the outline images from Floral Sketches over top.
I diecut the panel using my Mama Elephant Femme Frames die
and adhered it to my background using dimensional adhesive.



I stamped the flowers (from Floral Sketches) onto their coordinating diecuts
and stamped the sentiment (from SSS Big Scripty Sentiments) in versafine onyx black.


5. This weekend, Austin is at his first Central Manitoba Youth Choir camp.
They have two full weekends where they rehearse and then they tour for a third weekend.
He got a ride up with some other choir members last night 
and I will drive up tonight after supper to chaperone for the weekend.
I'm going to bring my Zig Markers, a water brush and my watercolour colouring book
that the kids gave me for my birthday and see if I can get something done.

Have a great weekend!
Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

22 comments:

Karen B. said...

Good luck on your new job! Stunning card.

Betty said...

wonderful card Leigh - and your new job looks great - and your lovely kids making dinner is such a help i'm sure.

Ruth said...

Both photos are brilliant! Your new workplace looks amazing too :) Good Luck! And I love your card - gorgeous colours with the light blue in the background. Xx

Tracy said...

Great pic of your lovely kids, and it looks like an awesome place to work, hope it is a great opportunity for you. Take care.

Wanda Cullen said...

Your workplace looks fabulous and your kids are so adorable! Love that they are getting to help with meals. I worked second shift for years and as my kids were growing up, they had to be responsible to help with suppers. Now they ALL 3 love to cook and that makes me happy! Your card is beautiful and I should never have looked at Kay Miller's blog - lol! I didn't think I needed any of PTI's release but now I'm now so sure - hahaha.

Patti said...

Oh Leigh these photos are fantastic!! It is so much fun to see the children laughing because it is exactly how they look IRL! - happy and full of love : ) Your work place is as chic as the name of the company! I love that you are sharing this part of your journey with us : ) keep the updates coming friend! : ) Your card is so pretty and I'm SURE the butter crunch is going to seal the deal on their love affair with you! : )

Have a wonderful weekend!

Patti

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely card Leigh and so glad to hear that the new job is working out! Love the pictures of the kids too and how awesome that they're all helping out with meals and things to take some of the weight off from you! :0)

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Very pretty Leigh!

Diana K said...

Leigh, first off, I love your card and how you were inspired by the colours. Gorgeous! Next, your job: so very happy for you. Laughed my head off at "I felt like I heard the angels sing ...". :) And I also had a good laugh at you telling your kids that you didn't want people wondering if there was something wrong with your kids. :) So two good laughs in one post = a very good start to my day. Thank you for that!

Cris G. said...

Congratulations, Leigh! Seems like a dream job to me... hope you will be very happy!
Love the photos you took from your kids, the first one is a gem, indeed!
The card is beautiful, as your cards always are!

Megan Carroll said...

Love this card Leigh! The black and white with the pops of color is fabulous!

~amy~ said...

Yay You Leigh!
What fabulous kids you have...awesome that they're helping to make the transition earlier.
Your new job sounds wonderful.
Love your pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the photos of the kids and of your new workplace!! I'll bet your co-workers enjoyed their sweet treats and your pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Celeste Goff said...

First, let me say that you did win the lottery...your work place looks amazing! Second, I had to chuckle at the struggle to get a decent pic of the kids because all of the photos I have of my kids (even now in their adult lives) are all goofy and playful. And third, your card is gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! Your job looks AMAZING!! Congratulations. I know you are going to ROCK. Love the pretty card you created. I am sure that your co-workers loved it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats on your new job! This is one cool place to work ;) . Love your kiddos pics too...they act like mine if I want a photo of them...lol!
Thank you for coming out to play the CQC with us....your CAS card is beautiful.

Betty Wright said...

Congratulations on your new job! The kids look super happy! Great photo. I think my kids will need therapy from all the "flashing" lights from photos I truly forced them to take.
Great card! Love the colors!

cm said...

How precious are your kids; the first photo totally cracks me up! How wonderful that they're taking care of meals...and mom!! As for your workplace: oh my stars! Such a classy place and definitely a perfect fit for you! Excited to hear more as the journey continues. The card and buttercrunch: awesome! Guaranteed that they'll be even MORE impressed with you than they already are! Hope you're having/had fun chaperoning! Filled with joy in knowing that you're in a great 'space' in every way!
Hugs~c

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome pictures of the kids. You have a sweet family. Such a pretty card. Love the color combo.

Joyce said...

I am so very happy that you are loving your job. It sounds like a perfect fit for you, and how wonderful to get paid to do something that you love. Your kids are the best--gorgeous, smart and thoughtful as well. You are obviously doing something (everything) right. Have a great week.

Helen F. said...

Hey Leigh, LOVE the card, and both photos :) of the kids!
Your new work place looks amazing, so happy for you and wish you all the very best and much success on this new venture!

Lindsey said...

Huge congrats (again) on your new job! Fabulous card and love the photos of your children, especially the one with the boys laughing.