Sunday, April 18, 2010

A week in the life: Sunday

I've decided to follow along with Ali and document a week in the life. I did this about a year and a half ago, in the fall of 2008 and thought it was fun. Our lives are a bit different now that time has passed and the kids are all in school, I'm back to work, etc., so it should be interesting to see the similarities and differences. (You can click here to see the album I made with those pictures.)

I figured I'd start a day early, since I like the thought of Sunday being the first day of the week. So here's our day...

Church: our first service starts at 9:30am and we were right on time this morning.



Our second service starts at 11am and during that service we run our Sunday school programs. Before we start, the leaders/volunteers meet to iron out details for the morning and pray together.



Today in R.O.X., I did the welcome, which includes celebrating birthdays of the week and taking the offering. Later on, I reviewed our memory verses with the kids.



There was a fundraising lunch after church: hotdogs, chili, coleslaw and chips.



We came home after lunch, changed our clothes and decided to drive to the Pembina Valley Provincial Park to hike some trails.


(I took this one by setting my camera on the railing and using the timer.)




(Love this one of these three!)


(Another self timer shot on the bridge.)

And since I loved the bridge so much...







I don't know where this guy gets his energy, but he ran most of the way...



Taking breaks to check out rocks, of course.





There was much rejoicing when we reached the lookout. Look, there's the bridge we'd posed on/by.



And the kids, being kids, loved climbing on the rocks in the creek and looking for wildlife.









The rest of the day consisted of a trip to Giant Tiger for milk and bread, a stop at the Movie Gallery to rent a movie, bar-b-cued hamburgers for supper and watching Alvin & the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel together as a movie night.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anne Krashel said...

You got some awesome shots girl. Looks like a great hike.