Saturday, September 15, 2012

PWP Sketch Challenge #13

I'm just popping in today to post this month's sketch for Pages With Papertrey, which I designed myself.
Here's the sketch:


And here's the layout I made with it. I know, it's a Christmas layout, but with the colours of Jonah's & Sage's clothes, I decided to go with some non-Christmas patterned paper.


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white), stamps (alpha-blocks, tremendous treats Christmas), button and dies (alpha-blocks, seeing stars, tag sale #5). The patterned paper is Echo Park, the two pre-printed tags are Crate Paper and the twine is My Mind's Eye.

Here are a few close-ups:


The "Christmas" stamp is from Tremendous Treats: Christmas, which I cut off from the "merry" for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink: Cutting Stamps. They were just too close together to successfully selectively ink.




I just wanted to share how I made the pocket for my tag. I'd adhered my photo collage (matted with white cardstock) to my layout. Then I removed the photo of Sage and drew two lines, one above and one below the tag.


Then I sewed over the two lines with my sewing machine. I didn't care that I was sewing down the one tag, since it's stationary anyway.


Then, I can slip my tag in and out of it's pocket to read the journaling.



If you make a layout using this sketch, please link it up here in the comments or here on the PTI forum, so I can come and check it out!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Really cute! Love those papers!

Deb said...

Leigh, I love this sketch you created! The papers are awesome and all of the embellies rock! Girl, it's no wonder the magazines want your work!! Fabulous page my friend!

sentsue said...

Great page. Love the combo of colors and the layout.

Karen C. said...

What a sweet layout!! The journal tag and pocket are really fun too!!

glorygirl said...

Fantastic page! Those photos are amazing and, even with all the little details, the photos remain the focus. Amazing work!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous page, Leigh! I love the bright colors and the stitching!