Tuesday, October 09, 2012

A card set: card #1


A couple of weeks ago, my friend, Marlo, asked me to make a set of four cards that she would use as a game prize on our bus trip down to The Women of Faith conference in Minneapolis later this month. I finally got to spend some time in my craft space yesterday afternoon (it was bliss!) and got all four cards made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: The Inside Edition.

For the cards, I decided to use my The Sweetest Thing Honey 6x6 paper pad, so they'd all be matching. I'm also entering this card in the October Challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog, which is to incorporate stamping into my project (not a difficult challenge for me. ;) ) Here's the first card:


I also used Papertrey Ink cardstock (vintage cream), stamps (Beautiful Butterflies) and dies (double-ended banner, happy day). The decorative brads are My Mind's Eye.

I was inspired by the flourishes on the patterned paper to carry that theme to the inside of my card.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Geri said...

Really pretty, Leigh...and a great Idea for a prize!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oooh, saw this in the gallery, Leigh! Love all the little elements you worked in (the banners, brads, frame, stitching, and hello, that bee is fantastic!) Great colors too.

Jill Norwood said...

This is so pretty! Love how you added the banners and brad to the front and your sweet stitching!!! And the inside is lovely! Gorgeous card!

Kara said...

beautiful!! my favorite flowers!!

Unknown said...

So pretty..love that paper.

Jen said...

love, love, love!!!

victoria h said...

Fab card - the pp is beautiful.