Thursday, February 28, 2013

A decorative tray... for Spring!

As some of you may remember, I had purchased a CTMH decorative photo tray in the fall and altered it for Christmas (you can see it here). Well, I decided that it was too nice to have out only once a year, so I took it apart and started over... for Spring!

(I know, Spring is still pretty far off for me.... but a girl can dream, right?)

So, I started off with some photos that I'd taken almost two years ago of my kids and husband. I printed them 3x4 in black and white and added them to the tray. Then, I pulled out my Fancy Pants The Good Life 6x6 paper pad and started working on embellishing each remaining rectangle.


I used some of the grey polka dot for the background and diecut some red woodgrain patterned paper with a Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #9 die. I added a Fancy Pants banner sticker to the tag before topping it off with a PTI button (summer sunrise) and twine. I'd printed on some PTI vellum and added some stitching.


On the aqua background (I LOVE this patterned paper!), I added another PTI FF#9 diecut tag. I also diecut a PTI Heart border diecut, trimmed it and covered it with glitter, for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter trim. Another PTI button and twine.


I love the bicycle on this patterned paper and knew I had to include it on my tray. I added a little bit of stitching to the banner and added three PTI buttons to finish it off.


I dicut a PTI Tag Sale #7 diecut from some of the Fancy Pants patterned paper and made a pocket. The phrase from the Fancy Pants sticker sheet was so perfect for these photos!


Another Fancy Pants sticker added over some PTI dies (heart prints, double ended border), along with some more stitching and another PTI button.


And lastly, I'd printed the sentiment on vellum and diecut it, along with some more Fancy Pants patterned paper with my PTI border die. The little white bicycle is Prima, which I picked up at my LSS. Isn't it fabulous? It's been sitting on my craft table for a few weeks now and just makes me so happy each time I look at it.


Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Linda Nicholson said...

What a beautiful project that you can display in your home! Your photos are as always beautiful! I had to hunt for your glittered border die cut. I forgot that you like to use the hearts as scallops. Once I enlarged the picture...there it was!

Canada looks like such a beautiful place (and as I live in a beautiful place myself, that is really saying something!)

Linda

Susan said...

It's beautiful Leigh!! I absolutely love it!!

Taheerah said...

This is fantastic Leigh - I love the colours and all the fab details!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I'm dreaming right along with you! Beautiful tray! I have one sitting here that's on my to do list.

Kara said...

so sweet! love the bikes!

Kara said...

speaking of bikes...weren't you hoping for a bike stamp set?? i think it was you....check this one out...pretty cute!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yjDR-2mzLGk/UR7izivWiRI/AAAAAAAABJM/XLjSCQ06ZEE/s1600/RollWithItThumb.png

Jen said...

oh, i love it!! you've got it going on girl!! so, so pretty!!

craftmates said...

Another fabulous project,Leigh! All the photos are so precious. Love your patterned papers too.- Irma

Joyce said...

Very sweet.

Kelly Griglione said...

Wait, what .... you took the other one APART?! That's crazy! Well I hope you'll put it back again for next year : ) Seriously, though, good for you to figure out how to have it out all year. Can't wait to see the summer version!

Elena said...

you have me dreaming of spring, even though it's all white outside here! Beautiful display - it would make me smile to see something like that in the house!

Luanne said...

Great project! I love what you made! I'm inspired to create one of my own.... :-)

Terri said...

Great project. Love the bicycles too.

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome project. Love those bikes.