Saturday, June 01, 2013

Such a cutie

Today, I'm sharing a layout that I made for this month's Pages With Papertrey Challenge, which is to stamp on something other than cardstock. This could mean stamping on patterned paper, vellum, cork, chipboard, etc.

For my layout, I decided to stamp on some Scenic Route chipboard letters that I've had forever! I think I bought three packs of these when they first came out!


For my layout, I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & enamel dots, as well as some American Crafts letter stickers (for the "such a").

I stamped on my chipboard letters using a Mama Elephant stamp (I know it's not PTI-- sorry!-- but this stamp matched the patterned paper so perfectly!) and versamark ink, which I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I love how this turned out!


I did use some PTI cardstock (summer sunrise & pure poppy), along with the banner die from Get a Handle on It. The sentiment stamp is Mama Elephant, too.


If you choose to play along with this month's challenge, please link your layout either here in the comment section on my blog, or here in the Papertrey Ink Forum.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Kara said...

love the stamped/embossed chipboard letters! such a great way to bring back something old and make it fresh!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Definitely a cutie, great layout!

StephH said...

This is a great layout Leigh - such attention to detail.
And he is - such a cutie!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cute layout! Love the photos and I love the stamped alphas!

Deb said...

I love this challenge to stamp on something other than paper. I have 2 layouts to share. I just have to find the time to post them. Gorgeous layout, Leigh!

Renee said...

How fabulous, Leigh...
love the papers and colors you used...
perfect! :)

Joyce said...

Very cute page.

craftmates said...

Beautiful layout Leigh! Love your heat embossed chipboard? -Irma