Sunday, August 30, 2015

PTI SAF 2015: Patterns, Unconventional Materials, Mix & Match, Threads, Needles, Runway Inspired & Make It Work Challenges

Well, I spent a very enjoyable afternoon in my craft space this afternoon!
I told Sage that I don't want to go and paint tomorrow -- I just want to stay home and keep stamping!
Not sure how well that will go over with my husband though.... ;)

I made a few more cards, for several different challenges.
The first one is for the Unconventional Materials Challenge.
Now, I have to admit that I struggled with going to the hardware store
and buying something for this challenge.
I finally decided on something.... let's see if you can guess what I used. ;)

I made my card using Dawn McVey's sketch for the Patterns Challenge:


Here it is:


Can you guess what I used?
I stencilled the background with this....


LOL! It's a flyswatter!
And I paid a whopping $1.55.


So, I stencilled the background using my Tim Holtz blending tool
and some orange zest, summer sunrise and harvest gold inks.



I added some clouds, a sentiment from Choose Joy and I smooshed some
spring moss ink onto some white cardstock and diecut it with a Pretty Pink Posh border die.

After making this card, I decided to tidy up my space --
it was getting quite messy, funnily enough!
Anyway, I came across the scraps of patterned papers that I used for these cards
and decided to use them for the Make It Work Challenge.

I actually had enough scraps left to make two cards.
For the first one, I used  Nichole Heady's sketch for the Patterns Challenge:


Here's my card:


Once again, I trimmed out my patterned paper flowers by hand and added them to my card.
I added some machine stitching for the Needles Challenge, a button and twine for the
Threads Challenge, I used three different patterned papers for the Mix & Match Challenge
and I used Lexi Daly's colour combo, for the Runway Inspired Challenge:


I stamped the sentiment from Choose Joy.


And, for my next card, I used all of the same products for all of the same challenges,
but the sketch I used was this one, by Nichole Heady:


Here's my card:


For my next two cards, I revisited Melissa Phillips' sketch:


I made two cards that are exactly the same, 
but I used two different Runway Inspired colour schemes.

For the first one, I used Danielle Flanders' colour scheme:


Here's my card:


I stamped with my Twig Wreath stamp set and
added the sentiment from Think Big Favourites #3.


I added the buttons and thread for the Threads Challenge,

And here's the same card, using Melissa Phillips colour scheme:


Here's my card:


And before I go, I also want to share the card that Sage made this afternoon,
using this colour scheme by Danielle Flanders: 


And this pattern by Ashley Cannon Newell:


Here's her card:


Isn't it great?
She stamped the background using Twig Wreath and added
the diecut frame from the Masterpiece MIM.
The sentiment is from Graceful Greetings.
She's also linking this card up to the Mix & Match Challenge 
because she's never used this colour combo before.

And she's linking this card up to Simon Says Stamp's 

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Betty said...

love all your cards, Leigh - and thank you for reminding me to buy a fly swatter!! can't seem to find mine. all your flower cards are so pretty - especially the twig wreath ones.

Susanne Vargas said...

Boy, you sure have been busy! So many pretty cards! But the first one takes the cake! Stenciling through a flyswatter - how brilliant is this! Love the card you made with it!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Leigh, all of your cards are just fabulous! And I was thinking "fly swatter" when I saw your card on FB! Best investment, ever! Love how your stenciling turned out. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

WOW you have been busy!! Your floral cards are all so pretty Leigh. And what a fun stencil you found!!

Lynn said...

I love all your cards Leigh from this post and the last one. So beautiful. And the fly swatter. How cool is that background! Love!

Kara said...

Awesome cards! Love the fly swatter! Awesome!

I Card Everyone said...

Every one a masterpiece, Leigh!
=]

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you are on fire, Girlfriend! I knew you used something to stencil... but I never would have guessed it was a fly swatter! You are so creative! That is such a genius card design. Love each and every one of these to pieces!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

How was you able to create so much beauty in such short time! All cards are awesome and so perfect!
The stencil for the first - wow!

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic cards! Very creative idea for the uncoventional materials challenge!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Unconventional material, indeed! :)
Another post with gorgeous beauties!

Sharron said...

These are all so fabulous, Leigh! Love the beautiful florals! And how clever to use a fly swatter for a stencil!!

Bonnie said...

Ingenious idea with the flyswatter!! Your sun rays look amazing! I couldn't tell what you'd used, but my first thought was how much I liked the stencil you'd used for the sun!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sage :-) the stamping and whole design is absolutely fabulous! LOVE it! WOW, you are so talented!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Summer Vacation Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
Love all of your cards too Leigh, absolutely gorgeous :-)

tonyamaries said...

I love all of the cards Leigh and Sage! You guys did a fabulous job! Very creative!

Laura Norris said...

Congrats on your win! Such great Garda you made that day. All of them are just lovely!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful cards Leigh and Sage! I have enjoyed seeing all your posts! Congrats on winning the gift certificate too! So happy for you!

lainey said...

Leigh, congrats on your win and for you and Sage getting in the video TWICE! A star(s) is born!

TaeEun said...

I love all of your cards, they are gorgeous! And thank you for the tip with the flyswatter :)!