Friday, December 16, 2016

Five for Friday

1. Well, the season of concerts is upon us.
I mean, Christmas.
But Christmas means concerts, especially in our house. ;)

Jonah kicked off the concert season on Nov. 30th
when his concert band played at the high school holiday concert.
Jonah plays the double bass.

And then he played again the following night, with his jazz band.


He also sang with his jazz choir, Vibe.


(Jonah is the second from the left, in the front row.)
And Austin sang with his jazz choir, Sound F/X.


He's in the middle, with the red tie.
I took this photo during his awesome solo in Walking in a Winter Wonderland. 


2. And then, on Wednesday, the junior high had their concert,
so we got to watch Sage play the flute with the band for the first time....


(She posed for me before the concert began.)
And she sang with her jazz choir.


I really love watching my kids perform!
They are a pretty talented bunch. :)


3. Things have been going really well at my new job.
I've placed a couple of small orders (an island for some clients,
and a murphy bed and a basement bar for some Decor employees.)
I also designed a kitchen with Sharon, the designer who trained me,
and that one should be ready to install in early January.
I've had lots of fun designing kitchens for several other clients, too
-- and am just in the middle of processing the tweaks before finalizing everything.
I'm totally loving it! #dreamjob

And, did I mention that we're opening a second showroom in Winnipeg?
It's on Academy and Jazmyn (one of my fellow designers) and I 
are headed there today to help set things up.
And, beginning in the new year, I will be working there one Saturday a month. :)


4. I took the kids to the movies last night to see Rogue One.



5. I'm feeling pretty good about Christmas....
My shopping is done, my photo cards are addressed (but now that I think of it,
are still on my dining room table -- they need to get dropped in the mail!)
and 90% of my presents are wrapped.

I found this gorgeous set of wrapping paper at Walmart last week 
and used it to wrap all of my gifts.
And, I decided to coordinate my gift tags to match.

I stamped all of the names using Mama Elephant's Calli Letters sets.


One of the wrapping papers looks like birch bark, so I stamped 
the background of this tag with Concord & 9th's Woodgrain stamp. 
 

And to coordinate with the snowflake paper (see above),
I stamped these with MFT's Snowflake Flurry.


And for this tag (and the next two), 
I used my new Simon Says Stamps Winter Flowers.



What?
You don't wrap a little something for yourself to open? 
You totally should.
I'm always thrilled with what I get. ;)

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful talented children - so fun to see them - gorgeous wrapped pkgs with such pretty tags - have a wonderful blessed Christmas Leigh!

!neke said...

You have very talented children !!!!
And your gifts are beautiful wrapped !
Wish you all a Merry Christmas !

Megan Carroll said...

Your kids are so talented! Thanks for sharing! Your tags are fabulous too....I've never wrapped a present for myself but I should, great idea!

Lindsey said...

Love your tags! I'm totally wishing I had gotten that SSS set. Your children are so talented! They must take after their momma. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great post Leigh! Looks like your in the Christmas spirit and having fun with the kids! I think its great that they learned to play an instrument!!! Packaging is so cute!!!! Merry Christmas!

Ruth said...

You really are a talented family! Love seeing your Five for Friday posts. I love your tags too - those Calli letters are really lovely. And I really should wrap something for myself this Christmas - some Copics would be nice ;) xx

Kris said...

Love the concert season! I just came home from the first concert for my kindergarten granddaughter ... many more to come :) Great wrapping paper, and love what you did with the tags! Thanks for sharing the gifts of your talent, your family, and your world, with us. Peace and Christmas blessings to you and your family!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such talented kids, Leigh! Happy to hear you're loving your job, and your gift wrapping is really beautiful!!

Celeste Goff said...

Great pics of you and the kids Leigh! Love those beautiful tags!!!

Bobby said...

Busy life but so much fun to see the kids sharing their talent, Leigh, just like you share yours with us by making fabulous cards and in this case tags.

Kathy Mc said...

Great post, Leigh! Your packages and tags look fabulous. Chuckled to myself when I saw one with your name on it. Love that idea. Congrats on such talented and nice-looking kids! They have grown up so fast.

Lynn said...

Love seeing all the pictures of your kids concerts. Love, love, love to watch my kids perform too! Your tags and presents all look amazing! So happy your job is going so well too!

Diana K said...

Amazing post, Leigh - Friday ones are my favourite. (1) I'm happy that you're loving your very cool job. (2) We need sound with concert photos. Please? Such awesomely talented kids. (3) Your tags (and wrapping paper) are super cute and I also regret that I didn't order (yet) the SSS winter floral set. Merry Christmas to you and the whole family, Leigh! P.S. As if we didn't know which one was Jonah. Or Austin. :)