Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, cards & some good news



We got up early for our sunrise service on Easter Sunday morning. After church, we picked up some burgers to eat in the truck and drove to Winnipeg to visit my mom. Here are a few pictures:









My mom bought the kids each chocolate bunnies and hid them so they could play "hot & cold" to find them. Then I hid the gifts I'd gotten them (an owl Webkinz for Sage, a koala Webkinz for Jonah and $15 cash in a card for Austin) and they played another round of "hot & cold."



Here's a close up of the card I made for Austin:



And this is a card I made for my sister-in-law and her family:



And another card I made for my friends, Beth and Greg, who celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary last Thursday:



And the good news, in the form of emails...

First of all, I got an email from Scrapbook Trends on Saturday, requesting four of my layouts for publication-- one for their September 2009 issue and three for their Holiday Idea book!

And second, I got an email last week from Diana at Scrap for a Cure. (They had asked me to be their guest designer for the month of January this year, (see this post) which was super fun!) Well, now they've asked me if I would join their Design Team!! I'm very honoured to be asked and thrilled to join their talented team and work with their fabulous kits! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Congrats Leigh! Love that sunrise picture!
Garsy

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Congrats on all the good news Leigh!!!

Staci Taylor said...

Yay! Big congrats on your DT gig, leigh - i'm so glad it worked out for you ;-) And awesome news on the pubs, too!! You have one gorgeous family there!

Heather M. said...

wow, you're just rockin! congrats! love the cute photos!

Daniela Dobson said...

Exciting news!!! Congrats! Love seeing all the photos of the family.

Laina said...

That's so awesome Leigh. Congrats you busy girl you!