Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21st

I had the day off of work and got 10 things accomplished today...

1. I had coffee with my friend, Susan, this morning.

2. I attended Austin's french immersion Christmas lunch at his school.

3. I attended Sage's assembly at her school this afternoon. They did a great job singing and performing poems. They sang a song about Jan Brett's The Mitten and some of the kids got to wear hats on their heads representing who they were in the story. Sage got to be the bear (& was quite excited about it!)



4. I showed up for my hair appointment at 4:15, only to be told that it was yesterday. :( They're seeing what they can do to reschedule me, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be before Christmas.

5. I wrapped up the kids' teacher gifts that I'd made.



I made each of the teachers a set of eight cards "from the desk of", with two different designs.





I used Bo Bunny and Crate Paper patterned paper, a Hero Arts Cling stamp, SU! stamps & ink and my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. (By the way, I love that Austin's teacher's name is Mrs. Smart-- what a perfect teacher name!)

6. I made my gift tags for my Christmas presents.





I decided to go a little fancier than in past years. I cut out circles from kraft cardstock and stamped them with my Hero Arts Cling stamp in white. After that dried, I added some SEI stamps in red ("to" & "from") and a punched scallop circle and snowflake. I used American Crafts for the blue and the red is some wrapping paper I picked up at Walmart.

7. I played three rounds of crazy eights with the kids tonight.

8. I read one storybook and two chapters of our advent story (we're caught up once again!)

9. I picked up thirty juice boxes for Jonah's class party tomorrow and dropped off my books at the library.

10. This one isn't complete yet, but since I have two hours before bed, I'm hopeful it will (provided I get off of the computer and get my rear in gear!): I got my Christmas gifts that I'm sewing done.
(ETA: Okay, it's 10:15, and since I have to work tomorrow morning, I'm going to bed. BUT, I just wanted to add that I did get one apron done, so I just have one more to finish. :) )

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

xoxo... t said...

Wow! That's one productive day, Leigh! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)