Friday, December 09, 2011
Five for Friday
1. The Christmas season has officially begun. The proof? We attended our first Christmas concert last night. Sage participated in her school's grade K to 2 Christmas concert. I've given up trying to take pictures of the concert and just concentrate on getting a photo of Sage. I was pretty pleased with this one. :)
2. In addition to singing with her class & schoolmates, Sage had the opportunity to play piano for the audience before the concert began. She played two songs: Good King Wenceslas (or Good King Wensel, as Sage calls it) and Away in a Manger. She did a great job and I was one proud mama. (She just started taking piano lessons in September.)
Another good shot of my best girl! Check out the pretty felt flowers on her headband-- I made those with PTI Beautiful Blooms dies and felt, and some Basic Grey fabric brads.
3. At the concert, Cameron told Jonah he'd make milkshakes for the kids afterwards. After Cameron had walked away, Jonah turned to me and said: "That's what I love about Dad-- he makes good night snacks!" I said: "That's what you love about dad. What do you love about me?"
Jonah replied: "You're cute, funny & smart. And you think I'm funny." Love it! ♥
4. I thought I'd share a few photos of my Christmas decor...
Here's what's displayed on our entertainment centre:
And on our piano:
And here's the wreath that I made 6 years ago, that I hung in front of our dining room window (sorry for the reflection!)
5. And one Christmas card to share. I made this one for one of the kids' French teachers:
I used PTI cardstock (simply chartreuse, pure poppy), stamps (mat stack #1, peace be still), button, twine & dies (mat stack #1, bloom builders #3). The patterned paper is Making Memories.
Thanks for looking!