1. So, I started back to work yesterday. I had a fairly good day. Most of my classes were grade nine, so it was interesting to see what they'd try to get past me. It's funny because they think I'm new... but it's them that are new! LOL!
2. I got some happy mail yesterday: 4 of my cards got requested for publication in the February 2013 issue of Cards and 3 of my cards and 4 layouts got requested for the Create: Stamping issue. Then, I got an email from Susan Opel at Papercrafts Magazine, requesting two of my cards for the March/April 2013 issue! I was quite over the moon (& quite busy, too, packaging everything up to send away!)
3. Speaking of Papercrafts, this was posted on Facebook this week:
I'm not sure when it will be released, but there's my card on the cover!
Here's a close-up of it:
I'd used Papertrey Ink cardstock (pure poppy, rustic cream), stamps (happy day, bb: chevron stripes), buttons, twine and die (happy day).
4. I've been trying to squeeze in some time in my craft room this week, getting ready for my fundraising crop next weekend. I usually put water bottles out at each place, so I borrowed my friend, Mandy's wine bottle tag, thinking that I could dress them up a little and say thank you for coming at the same time. I decided to go with a fall theme, for the latest Papertrey Princess that Lauren posted. Here are the first three that I made:
I also used Papertrey Ink cardstock (classic kraft), patterned paper (dearest jane), stamps (leaf prints, counting my blessings) and dies (counting my blessings).
Here are some close-ups:
For this last one, I selectively inked part of a sentence from Wonderful Words Additions and then I cut apart my "I'm here for you" sentiment from Think Big Favorites #4 for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink: Cutting Stamps.
5. Well, tomorrow is Sage's birthday party, so I need to work on making a banner for her party and making her a cake shaped like a sewing machine.
Thanks for looking!