1. I need to find some balance.... LOL! Last week, I was all focused on purging my house and getting ready for our garage sale.... this week, I feel like nothing is getting done because I'm so busy with 1) work, 2) fundraising attempts for my Congo trip and 3) just trying to heal from my cold/cough. Sigh.
I was hoping to have today off, and when the phone didn't ring this morning by 7:45, I was pretty confident that I could stay in my my fleecy pants all day.... but then the phone rang at 7:55... Oh well, at least I'm not subbing in the phys. ed. department. My voice wouldn't be able to take it at all.
2. This lovely girl is growing up before my eyes.... She's excited about school, love learning and enjoys being a part of the voluntary choir at school. She's also getting big on volunteering.... she's giving up one lunch hour a week to sort Campbell's soup labels.
And she's really pretty, too.... ;)
3. I'm pretty excited about an impulsive purchase I made this week.... I'd noticed earlier this week that Studio Calico is offering a Cut It Out class, sponsored by Silhouette America. While I don't own a Silhouette Cameo, I've been watching my online friends purchase them, one by one, but I've held back. "I have the Big Shot and my dies...." I'd tell myself. "I don't need a Cameo." But, everytime I get a new magazine, I drool over layouts & cards made with Cameos. Then, on Tuesday, someone posted a link to this: the Silhouette Portrait. It has the same features as the Cameo, but it's smaller and cheaper. I was able to get a spot in the SC class and then popped over to amazon.com to order my Portrait (they had it listed there for $148, with free shipping.) My mom had given me money for my birthday and I've been hoarding it, waiting for the perfect purchase.... and I'm thinking I just made it. ;)
4. I'm hoping to participate in World Card Making Day tomorrow. I need to make a 50th wedding anniversary card for the party we're attending tomorrow night, as well as a birthday card for my sister-in-law, Cheryl. I've also been working on a few cards to submit for the WCMD contest.
5. And before I go, I thought I'd share another card that I submitted for publication earlier this year...
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (vintage cream, melon berry), patterned paper (dearest jane), button, twine, stamps (think big favourites #12, stitches and swirls) and dies (bloom builders #3, tag sale #3 & heart border die). The patterned paper is Crate Paper.
Thanks for looking!