I've had a few projects in the works this week...
1. We started carving our pumpkins on Tuesday.
Here are the ones we've finished...
Austin carved the Pokemon at the top,
I did the TARDIS in the middle and Sage carved the cat & owl.
We still have three left to carve.
One is started -- it's a Boba Fett helmet. I just haven't finished it yet.
Two white ones are hallowed out and ready to be made into owls....
I'm sure we can get them finished today. ;)
2. It's spirit week at Jonah and Sage's school, so they've been dressing up
(most days) all week: pyjama day, sports day, wacky day, hero/legends day....
For the Heroes/Legends day, Sage wanted to be Hera,
the Greek Goddess of marriage and family, so we put this costume together.
Austin doesn't have school today (parent/teacher conferences),
so they had costume day yesterday.
He's an anime character called Kirito.
I think his costume is so cool -- it makes him look so tall!
3. Jonah wanted to go as Boba Fett for Halloween,
but he was disappointed in the helmet he bought... so we painted it.
I think it turned out okay.
He and Sage dressed up for school today in their costumes.
Sage is going as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
4. I had an accident with the book I have all of my inks stamped in...
I had put a wet baby wipe down on it accidentally and it soaked through...
So, I had seen Jennifer McGuire's system for her ink swatches
and wanted to so something similar, but I wasn't feeling inclined to
spend money on ordering coin holders.
I also wanted something a little smaller.
So, I decided to make my own book, using some We R Memory Keepers
Waterfall pages for pocket scrapbooking and my WRMK fuse tool.
I sectioned each waterfall page into eight sections.
Then, I printed out all of the names of my ink onto some Bazzill white cardstock.
I cut these all up and sorted them by colour family.
Then, using my MISTI, I stamped on each one with the fox image
from PTI's Wee Folk stamp set.
(I chose this image because it shows how crisp each ink is with
solid images and finer lines.)
Once each colour family was stamped, I added them to my book.
Here are my pinks, with a couple of my oranges peeking out from the next page.
And some of my blues (I have a lot of blue ink!)
I bound them together using some Bazzill Black Board and my WRMK Cinch.
It's sized to 5" x 6.5", which is a great size for me!
5. And lastly, as I mentioned in #2, Austin has parent-teacher conferences
I just realized that used a new tag from Reverse Confetti that will be released next month!
Well, it's a fabulous size --
be sure to check back next week for the release from the 5th to the 8th for more details!
These were super quick and easy to make!
I diecut four tags from white cardstock and two from black.
Then, I diecut the "treats" diecut from Treat Tote Confetti Cuts four times from patterned paper.
Then, I placed the "treats" confetti Cut on an angle over one of the black tags & diecut it.
(I repeated this on the second black tag.)
Then, I put them together, by either adhering the black part of the tag at the bottom
or the top of the white tags.
On the black tags, I heat embossed the sentiment from Sweet Thing in white.
And on the white tags, I stamped the sentiment from Sweet Thing in black.
And, for Austin's drama teacher who doesn't eat sugar, I bagged
up some mandarin oranges.
Thanks for looking!