Thursday, October 15, 2015

Happy Falli-days: Christmas





Hey there!
We are so excited to bring you Happy Falli-days this week,
filled with lots of inspiration from Reverse Confetti.
We have a theme for each day, so you'll want to check out 
the Reverse Confetti blog to see the complete list of who's posting today.

Our theme for today is Christmas.


On the Mother/Daughter retreat Sage & I went on a few weeks ago,
we decoupaged the lids of some paper mache boxes.
They had old hymnals on the tables that we could use, 
so I chose a Christmas Hymn and used it to cover the lid of my box.
Then, when I got home, I finished decorating it with some Reverse Confetti goodies.


I painted the base of the box with acrylic paint and used a dry brush technique
to brush a little of the paint along the edges of the lid.


I wrapped a double length of twine around the box and created a tag with 
some jingle bells and some Reverse Confetti Confetti Cuts.
I diecut the smallest scalloped circle from Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts --
I love how perfectly it fits together with the smaller wreath from Wreaths Confetti Cuts!
And I added the Winter Words Confetti Cuts "joy" over top.

I love that I can use this box as a gift for someone or as some Christmas decor in my home!

Before you go, I also have a card to share that I made for using

On my background, I repeatedly 
stamped the "to the world" from Winter Word Coordinates.
I diecut the Merry & Bright Confetti Cuts and stamped it with the Merry & Bright stamps.


A couple of buttons and twine finish it off.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, October 22nd to link up your card.



  

 

 

Here's a list of the other Reverse Confetti DT members
that are sharing today on their blogs, too:



Thanks for looking! 

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Your box is beautiful! What a great giftie!
Love your card...such awesome colors!

Ruth said...

Oh I feel so Christmassy now! Love the little box with the old hymn on he top - that is a great way to recycle. Xx

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE both of these, Leigh! The sketch card is fabby, and I love the back layer of the wreath, genius!

Deepti said...

Fabulous creations :) love ur take on the sketch !

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful box and cards Leigh!
I love what you have done with the dies and stamps!
It's really tempting ;)

Pam said...

Love your sweet box! Your sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch is awesome! Fabulous card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wonderful projects, love the pretty box, and your card, fabulous take on the sketch!!

Lisa Elton said...

Who cares what you put in a box that is this pretty!! Love the little tag you added to it. Your card is fantastic!!

Megan Carroll said...

Your box and card are both fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I absolutely adore your gift box, Leigh! The hymn music paper is beautiful and I love the twine tie and tag and the dry brush paint, too. And what a gorgeous card! So fun and graphic and fabulous colors!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a beautiful little gift box! Love the CAS tag and the silver jingle bells! So festive and fun! And your card is fantastic as well! Awesome design!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Great projects! Love the box. A decoupager in the past I always weigh upon such projects.
The card is fantastic! So clean and joyful!

foleysfriend said...

Love your beautiful creations; love your interpretation of the card sketch. Simply beautiful and clever.

cm said...

Your pretty box, with the decoupaged lid and lovely tag, has me smiling allll over my face! What a wonderful way to package something special! As for your card: JOY JOY and JOY!
Hugs~c