Today, I have a sampler to share that I created for the
I decided to use the same stamp set and dies
to make my sample squares -- from the Garden Gild mini MIM kit.
And here's a breakdown of my techniques:
2. Heat embossed with ink blending for the background.
3. Rock and Roll.
4. Heat embossed on watercolour paper, then wet and coloured with Zigs.
5. Stamping the colour and then going back and applying a darker ink
to the edges with a blending tool to the stamp and stamping again.
6. Heat embossed and then smooshed.
7. Ink the stamps and then spritz with water before stamping.
8. Creating a stencil with the dies and then blending ink overtop.
9. Colouring the stamps with Zigs and then spritz with water before stamping.
I also have a card to share for the Day 8: Colour Pop Fortune Teller.
Sage helped me put together the Fortune Teller and then figured out my colours:
Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky.
Now, I have to admit, while I love Hawaiian Shores, I very rarely use
Spring Rain or Blueberry Sky.
And I would have never thought to put them together.
Sage suggested that we try a different colour to start, but I figured this was all part of the challenge.
And I won't lie -- it was challenging.
I actually made two other cards, but I wasn't happy with either of them.
Here's what I ended up with...
I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Phrases & Praises) onto a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper,
which I matted onto Hawaiian Shores cardstock.
Here's a close-up.
I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out!
Thanks for looking!