Friday, April 28, 2017

Five for Friday

I realize it's been quite a while since I posted a Five for Friday
on my blog..... 
Life has been busy, especially with working full time, as you might have noticed
by the fact that I'm no longer blogging every day (it actually made me quite sad when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to keep up with posting daily!)

So, I thought I'd catch you up with what's going on in my life lately...

1. My job is awesome!
I'm loving designing kitchens/living spaces for Two30Nine.
I have had four kitchens installed that I have designed.
I'm looking forward to photographing them once they are all complete and 
sharing them with you.
For now, here's a glimpse...


This is part of a new kitchen that I designed in our showroom.
Isn't it lovely?


2. Last weekend, Jonah & Austin went to Calgary with their school choir 
and Jonah's band.
My friend, Tania (the boys' vice-principal) went along, too.
They had a very good time!


Sage and I had to go to Winnipeg to apply for a passport for her,
so we stayed the night at my mom's and had a bit of a girls' weekend:
we met my mom for supper and went to see Going In Style together at the theatre
(very good movie!) and then did some shopping on Saturday.


We went for lunch at Saucers on Academy Road.


3. I've been enjoying watching the kids perform...
Sage and Jonah both played piano pieces in the Morden Festival of the Arts
and Sage performed three poems.


And then, on Tuesday evening, she sang two songs for the Vocal session.
She was asked to perform at the Festival Highlights concert again this year --
she will be singing Be Thou My Vision on Sunday afternoon.


And, this past Wednesday, she performed at her piano recital
and we played a duet together.


4. This week, Austin and Jonah have been performing in their school play:
The Great All American Musical Disaster.
Austin played Bronco Winnie and Jonah played Bob Everlove.
They both did an amazing job!


So fun that they got to do this together! 



5. It's Administrative Assistant Week and my co-workers asked me to make
a card for our admin assistant, Lisa.
Since Lisa is also a photographer, I decided to use my Altenew stamp set


Here's my card:


I stamped the camera in Altenew Sapphire ink and versamark and then heat
embossed it in clear.
Then I stamped the sentiment (using my Mama Elephant alphabet stamps)
and the same inks/technique.


I used my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and a water brush 
to colour them in and matted everything on a piece of RC Aqua Cardstock.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for looking!





7 comments:

Ruth said...

I have missed your Five for Friday, but I'm also really glad that you are really enjoying your job doing something creative and practical for people. Nothing quite like a new kitchen! Have a great weekend! Xx

Betty said...

so fun seeing your family again, Leigh - and the kitchen design is lovely!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

So glad you're enjoying your job. Love the kitchen.
It's nice to have an update and photos of you all again.

Kris said...

I wish I had the kitchen you've designed, Leigh!! It's truly a gift to love what you do for a living :) "Be Thou My Vision" is one of my all-time favorites - kept it close during some really difficult times -- wish we could hear her perform, but will just envision the performance! As always, thanks for sharing with us!

Megan Carroll said...

Great update Leigh!

Megan Carroll said...

Great update Leigh!

Diana K said...

Love your card and have been eyeing that set. :) Thanks for this really fun update. I love it! Your uber talented kids are always up to sosmethin'. And that kitchen you designed? One for me, please. Totally fabulous! I'm happy that you're really enjoying your dream job. Hugs to you.