Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop-- Lesson #1


If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that in the past year or so, I've fallen in love with stamping. I enjoy making cards with my stamps and I love using them on my layouts, too. So, when I saw that Two Peas in a Bucket was offering a Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop, I decided to sign up & see if there would be new ideas for including stamps on my layouts.

I've decided to post the layouts I make here on my blog. I decided that I would work through the lessons in order and make a layout for lesson #1 first, then move on to lesson #2, then lesson #3, and so on.... because, well, that's just how I roll. ;)

This worked great for the first lesson, which I'm posting today.

However, when I started on Lesson #2, it just didn't work out for that layout. I was able to save it though, by using lesson #9 instead.

So, I'm going to try to post them in order, as much as I can.... but even this week... it's not going to work. I'm posting lesson #1, but then I'm saving Lesson #2's layout for Sunday, when I'll post April's Pages with Papertrey challenge. But, I completed Lesson #3 today using this week's MIM at PTI, so I'm planning on posting that on Friday..... Oh well, it'll all work out. No worries.

Okay, on with lesson #1..... which was to use embossing powder with our stamped images on a layout.

Now, I own four containers of embossing powder: black, brown, white and clear. None of these seemed fun enough for this challenge, so when my friend, Mandy, came over on Friday night to scrapbook with me, I asked her to bring some coloured embossing powder for me to use.  Here's what I did:


I used Simple Stories patterned paper. I also used Papertrey Ink cardstock (terracotta tile), stamps (wonderful words additions, label basics, boy basics: simple circles stamps) & dies (block alphabet, tag sale #5).

I was inspired by the stars patterned paper that I used to make the tag with my journaling to use the embossing powder with my Boy Basics: Simple Circles stamps. I used the teal and red embossing powders. The green Mandy had wasn't a great match, so I stamped the green star in Versamark and then in SU! Old Olive Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.


And here's a close up of the journaling:


Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Mariana said...

Wonderful LO, love how everything is so beautiful, but the picture is totally the focus!

Kristin said...

Love this! You used some of my favorite sets :)

oliveborgnine said...

Products are those items that are in the same step with your garments style as well as improving individuals style flavor. It varies widely from jewelry, bracelet, jewelry to jewelry and timepieces and so on.

scrapbooking supplies

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Excited to see all your creations through this workshop. I have gotten back into embossing what with all the yummy AC Zing colors :)

Mayol said...

Wow, Leigh, you work fast! You've so many pages done for the workshop already :) Great page! And great embossing too. i also only have the "basic" EP colors so i had to run off to our LSS here to get some. (i spy again your brad sprinkles :) )

Anita Rex said...

I love colored embossing powder it's like a sickness for me! Who makes those colors and which are they? :> Love this layout!

Deb said...

Love this LO, Leigh! I love how you capture all of the memories.

My tag sale should be arrving to my doorstep very soon. I can't wait! You have been so creative with it, I had to have it. Now, to just get my hands on those labels dies...

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout. Love your embossed colors.

Suzanne Russell said...

I truly enjoy getting to see your sweet family through your scrapbook layouts. What precious boys. They are lucky guys to have a mom paying so much attention to their young lives. Bless you all!

cards by cara said...

Hey, there! Love this and your layout style. Hope my embossing powder samples arrive soon so you can try them out! :) Surprised you didn't already get them ...

PS I think your third comment might be spam ... :(