Wednesday, October 02, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #27




Hi there! I'm popping in today to share my card for the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge #27
which is to use the colours shown in the photo above.

For my card today, I decided to make a fall card using my Picket Fence Die and the pumpkin image from Scent-imentals.


I diecut a mat stack 4 from true black cardstock and layered it over some Simple Stories patterned paper. I stamped the image in versa mark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder (I was a little nervous about heat embossing on a timed challenge, but it actually worked out okay!) I added the fence and pumpkin and checked my time: 8:20, which meant I had time to add some stitching.

The stitching took me less than a minute..... my final time was 9:17.3. :)

You can check out the challenge and what the other DT members made for it here
Here's what the prize is:





15 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Sigh. Your 10 minute card always look so amazing! Perfect!

Jennifer K said...

Cute! Love how the black really pops against the white background and the orange pumpkin.

Renee said...

Love it, Leigh!
Simply perfect! :)

Alanna said...

Your card is lovely. A perfect scene.

Caryn said...

This is gorgeous Leigh, I love the mat stack shape you used for the mat and the little picket fence - very cute design xxx

Andrea Garland said...

Very cute Leigh, love the fence and the pumpkin.

Joni Andaya said...

Love this card! So cute Leigh :)

TLady said...

OOOOoooo!!! This is CUTE Leigh!!!!!!!!:)

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and you are a total speed demon!

Geri said...

Simple, sweet and perfect, Leigh!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh I am very impressed you made such a stunning card in under 10!

Greta said...

Great way to use those colors, Leigh! Can't believe you could add stitching & be under 10 minutes--wow!

Paulina said...

This card is absolutely perfect! Love that you did the die in black- something that I have never done. Now I'm tempted to give it a try! :)

Darnell said...

Leigh, I love this! I have that set in my NBUS container and just spied that little punkin' yesterday. Fantastic design!! You are a rock star to get the stitching added, TOO, in under ten minutes!!

Kara said...

great card! I love AE!