Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas party invitations


Since my pumpkin party for my Sunday School class was a success, 
I thought I'd have another party next month for Christmas.

I decided to make my invitations using the Festive Friday Final Challenge of 2013, which let us choose a previous challenge from this past year. I chose this one:


I made the cards very similar, but switched the colours up slightly for boys/girls.
Here's the boys' card:


I used my new Mama Elephant dies that I got in the mail yesterday -- aren't they fabulous?
I stamped the sentiment and gingerbread man from PTI's Scenti-mentals set.
Then, I masked him off and stamped the evergreen boughs from Wplus9's Merry & Bright 
and added some berries from Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals.

And here's the girls' version:


I'm also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes 


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

merryf said...

Adorable. And perfect job with that masking for the boughs. I bet this party will be just as awesome as the pumpkin one!

Alanna said...

Oh my goodness Leigh, these are just adorable. I love them!

Tracey McNeely said...

These are so cute Leigh, great job. Those ME dies are still out of stock, I'll keep trying.

cm said...

A-DOR-A-BLE! Your gingerbread boys and girls are soooo sweet, and the combination of images and backgrounds you've paired them with: fabulous! LOVE these invitations - welcoming, festive and fun!
c

Miriam Prantner said...

Darling! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

So cute Leigh!!!! I love this adorable set :-)Happy Thanksgiving!!

Renee said...

Adorable and simply perfect! :)

Kara said...

Super cute invites!!

Jen W. said...

These are so cute! Love the layered die cuts and how well you mixed the different stamp companies. :D

Joni Andaya said...

So Adorable Leigh!

Heather said...

A fabulous card - a love design and such a sweet image!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! These are so SWEET!! I LOVE the FUN Design!! Where do you find the time!!?? You AMAZE me with all you do!! You're a Super Human!! ;) Have a FABULOUS THANKSGIVING DAY/WEEKEND!! ;)

Ardyth said...

What a fantastic idea - you're a wonderful teacher, sure to be appreciated by your Sunday School class (and their parents!) I love the fresh lemony green - is that PTI Limeade Ice? Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2014!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so sweet....

Erin said...

Super cute, Leigh!

Paulina said...

These cards are adorable! I love how you did two version...so creative and it works perfectly with these stamps! Whoever gets one of these is so blessed- not only do they get a cute invitation, they also get to spend time with you! (I'm jealous!)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Leigh, I love how you combined these stamp sets, they look so great together! I am so glad to see you playing with Festive Friday, what a treat! Thanks for sharing!

Geri said...

SWEET, indeed, Leigh!!!You are one partying mama!!! (lucky kids!!!) I haven't forgotten you...so very busy lately, I just can't even say! One of my biggies right now is the play at church for the kids...maybe you could come throw the party for the kids when it's over...I'm always too tired!!! LOL I sure hope life settles down after the holidays! Thanks so much for joining in the Festive FRiday fun with your adorable invitations!!!