Friday, June 24, 2016

Inspired by a Wooden Seaside Sign -- Take Three

Recently, I found some fun "seaside-themed" wooden signs on Pinterest.
They were great inspiration to make some cards
using my new Reverse Confetti Seaside stamp set.
 I shared one of them here for the Reverse Confetti June New Release Countdown
and another one here for the Reverse Confetti New Release Blog Hop
and thought I'd share a third one today.
 
Here's one of the signs that inspired me:
 
 
 I loved the ombre backgrounds, which reminded me a of piece
of Papertrey Ink patterned paper that I had in my stash.
 
 
I decided that instead of leaving the silhouettes in white, however,
that I would stamp them in Wplus9 Hayride using my Seaside stamps
on their coordinating Seaside Confetti Cuts.
I added some dry brushing with cream coloured acrylic paint
to add to the "weathered wooden sign" look.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment using "Waving Hello" from Seaside
and "New Baby" from Whole Lotta Happy.

 

  
  
 
 
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a super sweet baby card!

Bobby said...

I love the sea creatures in yellow, Leigh, and adding that paint really makes it look like weathered wood.

Kay Miller said...

You are so creative Leigh!! That is so awesome!! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable and I love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable! Love those little sea critters for a new baby card! And the ombre background is awesome. Love how the dry brushed paint brings out a woodgrain look for that weathered wooden sign you were going for!

Claire Grantham said...

Ooh I really love this, so fresh and different for a New Baby card. Cx

Miriam Prantner said...

Great take on the signs! Love the distressed look!