Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Reverse Confetti June New Release Blog Hop

Welcome to the Reverse Confetti June New Release Blog Hop!


We have tons of inspiration for you to see using all of the new Reverse Confetti 
stamp sets & dies, which are now available to purchase!

I have a few cards to share today.
First up, I have a fun card that I made using the adorable new 
Mermaid Kisses and My Heart Trusts stamp sets
as well as a By The Sea Quick Card Panel.
When I saw this sentiment and the mermaid, I couldn't help
but think of a famous mermaid who loved to sing... ;)


I thought I'd try my hand again at no-line colouring.
I stamped the images from Mermaid Kisses in soft stone onto watercolour paper
and coloured them in using my Zigs, water and a paint brush.


There's definitely a strong learning curve with this technique,
but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.


I stamped my sentiment from My Heart Trusts onto a piece of vellum
in versamark and heat embossed it in white.
Then, using scissors, I cut it out in a wave motion, to highlight
the wavy lines behind it on the By the Seas Quick Card Panel.

Next, I was inspired by this wooden sign on Pinterest:


Isn't it fabulous?
Here's the card it inspired:


I started with a white panel of cardstock and blended five different shades of ink
(Altenew Morning Frost, Dusk, Ocean Waves (twice), Sea Glass & PTI Fine Linen)
onto it, using post-it notes as masks.


I stamped the anchor from Seaside and the sentiment from My Heart Trusts
in versamark and heat embossed them in white.
With a paint brush, I added some white acrylic paint to my card,
using a dry brush technique.

And lastly, I have a card that I made using My Heart Trusts
with the new Sand Dollar Confetti Cuts.


I love the centre of the Sand Dollar Confetti Cuts and
 thought of what pretty flowers they'd make.
I diecut three of them from cream cardstock and blended two shades of Altenew ink
(Frosted Pink & Coral Berry) onto them using my blending tool.
I also blended some Frosted Pink ink onto my white card panel
before stamping the lovely sentiment from My Heart Trusts.


A few sequins finishes it off.


 

 
  
  
  
Here's the complete list of everyone participating in today's hop:

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such fun projects Leigh...I LOVE your no line watercoloring!

Annheidel said...

I love your mermaid card! Curving the vellum sentiment was genius. Looks like it's part of the water!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous creations Leigh! love your no line coloring, turned out great. The faith based cards are awesome!

Kathy said...

Using watercolor on the Mermaid card is so fitting, so soft looking. The other two are gorgeous, thanks for three wonderful ideas to inspire us today! :) I love the ombré blue stripes and the soft "flower" card.

crazymom said...

Love these!

Debbie Rumpza said...

Love your striped card... So inspiring... I need to try that technique!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what an amazing post filled with gorgeous cards! I LOVE them all! Such sweet designs and fabulous stamping! Love your no-line watercoloring, and love the striped woodgrain look with the white embossing. And your use of the sand dollar die is brilliant! Could be sand dollars, or could be flowers!

tiffelijah said...

Stunning! I love them all. Exspecally the prayer card!

Anonymous said...

These are spectacular Leigh!! Love the mermaid card!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great cards, Leigh, love how you were inspired by the beach sign, and I think the sand dollar centers make great flowers!

Cindy C. said...

Super cool cards!!

Lisa Elton said...

FABulous cards Leigh! Love that you deconstructed the sand dollar. Way to stretch the product!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love these! That first card is so sweet, love the mermaid with that sentiment!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such fabulous cards. I love that mermaid card!

Joyce said...

Stunning and super fun.