Thursday, October 19, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #244

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #244 designed by Chrissy Larson:


Here's my card:



I stamped the sentiment and leaves from Neat and Tangled's Grateful stamp set
onto a piece of white cardstock in PTI Simply Chartreuse and Tropical Teal inks
and trimmed it into a diamond shape with my trimmer.
(Note: this trimming was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I found
myself wishing I had a diamond shaped die!)


I blended the same shades of ink onto another piece of cardstock,
sprinkled some water over top and trimmed it out as well.
I layered everything on a piece of PTI kraft cardstock.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, October 26th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

maria f. said...

Very pretty. No kidding about trimming into a diamond shape. I even find it hard to get a diamond shape "straight" the lines are so deceptive.

Cindy Beach said...

I love your creative and colorful take on the sketch, Leigh!

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch Leigh! And well done on those diamonds, too.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a stunning card Leigh!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful ombre stamping and blending, Leigh! I'd have never imagined that trimming into a diamond shape is tricky. Thanks for sharing your learning! Hideko