Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rain

It rained today. That meant I couldn't go for a run this morning, but I'm okay with that. It's been incredibly dry here this summer (which has fortunately meant fewer mosquitos (yay!)) but we've really needed the rain.

Fortunately, it cleared up by three o'clock, so we still went to swimming lessons.

Yesterday, my friend Val, turned 39.



We have been friends for almost 10 years (it'll be ten years in fall). She is a wonderful friend and I'm very thankful to have her in my life.

I had a birthday coffee for her yesterday morning. I invited some friends and we sat outside on my new patio and visited. And ate. And watched Val open her presents. It was good.

In the evening, after swimming lessons, I hosted a bar-be-que for our Bible study group. Cameron thought that it might be too hot to eat outside (it was over 35 degreees Celsius!) but I thought cramming 13 people into our dining room, even with airconditioning, would feel a trifle warm.

So here's to keeping cool this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed the coffee in the morning!! Sounded like a nice time! What a great pic of Val!

Heather M. said...

Awesome photo of Val!!! Happy belated birthday to her!