Thursday, July 19, 2007

Painting, strep & a visit from my twin

So yesterday, I woke up with a really sore throat that hurt when I'd swallow. I took Jonah to the doctor's for his five year check-up (& his kindergarten needles) and asked the doctor to check my throat right away. Turns out it's strep. Yuck. So I'm on penicillin and waiting for it to kick in soon.

My twin brother, Chris, is out for a visit from Nanaimo and he and my mom drove out for the day.

It was really nice. We haven't seen him since Christmas 2005 and it was really good to see him connect with his nephews and niece.





Sage warmed up to him okay, but then this afternoon, she decided to roar at him to "scare him" and he roared right back at her! Well, she did NOT like that at all! She kept her distance for the rest of the visit, but did give him a hug before he left.

So this week, in preparation for their visit, I painted my front door. (Man, what a drawn out process!) But it's Raspberry Truffle now and I'm really happy with it.


I've also been working in the yard, fixing up my paths. Everything is huge in my garden this year! This is the path that leads around the north side of my house to the backyard.


My back flower garden (& three tomato plants)


And the hydrangea that I moved in Spring. It's doing much better in its new location.

2 comments:

Eva said...

I love your door! Great color choice! Beautiful yard, too!

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great visit (minus Sage's scare).

I love the door. I will have to look at that colour when I get to doing mine.