Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wouldn't it be nice...

to have lots of money?

I think this a lot. It doesn't consume me or anything like that, but every once in a while, I'll come across a financial need and think that it would be really nice to be able to meet it.

Or a want.

This morning, I definitely found a want.

I went shopping in a store in our town with a friend and decided to try on some bathing suits. (I know, I must have felt like punishing myself or something, but I thought if anything, it might be good for a laugh.)

Well, I found this gorgeous dark brown and teal blue suit that actually, believe it or not, looked good on me.


Now I think this is a first for me since my early twenties, if not my teens. The term "nice-looking bathing suit on Leigh" just seems like an oxy-moron to me.

But there it was. A very flattering bathing suit. I was so tempted to buy it.

So, what stopped me?

The price.


Yeah. Not in this lifetime.

However, it did help me get some perspective on the whole want vs. need thing. God totally provides for my needs (& some of my wants, too). And it's okay for me to not get something that I want.

Even if it did look pretty darn good on me.


Heather M. said...

Yah, I agree, wouldn't it be nice!!! I'm feeling that way a lot about a house right now. It would be SO nice.
It's such a bummer though to go shopping and find something that is so great and then it's expensive like that.

Eva said...

Maybe it will go on sale eventually?? :)

valerie said...

keep your eyes open - you never know when a sale might hit ;)

Heather said...

I so understand what you mean but awesome for you living in your budget. End of seasons sale might work though.