Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday news

Well, our day started off with Sage's kindergarten orientation this morning. We got to meet the teacher, Mme. Routhier. She was Jonah's kindergarten teacher, too, and because Sage often came along with me to volunteer, she is quite familiar with her.

It went well. Sage played with a little girl named May, while Mme. Routhier filled us parents (there were probably ten of us) in on what to expect for next year. Then we set up play dates for the kids to come back where they'll be paired with a "buddy" from this year's kindergarten class and get to experience what kindergarten is like. When Mme. Routhier asked Sage and May if they knew anyone in the class that they could be buddies with, May said: "I want to be Sage's buddy!"

Isn't that great? It just makes me so happy when my kids make friends!!

Challenge #21 is up at The Inspired Scrapper today. You can check out my post for the assigned sketch here.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so sweet, Kindergartners are so doggone cute. I was a libraian for 18 years and LOVED reading to the Kg class!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Hi Leigh! That is such a sweet story about Sage and her new friend! I totally see a cute LO coming about that!!!
You ISS LO is awesome and so are your one's below! Love your take on the Got Sketch one!
You all certainly looked like you had a great time on your hiking trip! I just love going on those too!