... that it is September 1st!
We've had such a great summer, despite the cooler weather, and I'm just not ready for fall yet.
I've actually really been struggling with this lately. I generally try to enjoy the present and look for the good in each day. But I don't want the kids to go back to school next week. And I don't want the weather to cool down, or the evenings to get shorter, or the snow to fly (okay, that shouldn't be happening in the next month or so, but, well, in Canada, you never know....)
Okay. I'm going to look at the positive things for September.
1. Sage is starting kindergarten next week and is very excited! That's a good thing.
2. Jonah is looking forward to grade two and his new teacher.
3. I think Austin is looking forward to grade 5. He'll be at a new school, which is making him a little nervous, but with his friends/classmates, I'm sure he'll be fine.
4. I had an interview for subbing and got my name on the list.
5. When the kids go back to school, I'll have a little more "me" time when I can do some creating.
6. Sage's birthday on the 19th.
7. The September kit will go on sale at My Scrap Shoppe.
This has seriously been one of my favourite kits ever!
I must be using more patterned paper on my layouts now, though, because in the past, I could create 8 or 9 layouts from a kit and this time, I got five. And I seriously have hardly any pp left!
Here's what I made:
(Here, the letter stickers and paper frill aren't in the kit. The kit came with an envelope, so I covered the flap with pp and used it to store my summer reading list.)
For this layout, I was inspired by Sketch #43 at Got Sketch?
Thanks for looking!