Friday, February 11, 2011

Playing with new stuff

I've been working on a layout this week that includes a photo of Jonah that is one of my faves. I took it in Yorkton at our last tae kwon do tournament in November. It was just before he was going to spar.

I decided to use my new My Mind's Eye goodies that I had won from Studio Calico in November and also thought I'd use the latest challenge/sketch that they have posted on their blog (you can check it out here.)

I had worked on this layout in the evenings this week. On Thursday, my friend, Susan & I went to Walhalla to pick up some packages we ordered, one of them being some dies with matching stamps from Papertrey Ink. When I opened them, I knew I had to incorporate one of them on my layout somehow. I decided to pair it with one of my new Stampin' Up! stamps from the Define Your Life set.

Here's how it turned out:



And a close up of the tag:



Have you been playing with new stuff lately?
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kristii said...

Such a beautiful layout!!!!! I love all the banners!

Crystal said...

The banners really add to that LO and the pocket behind the star is very clever! I have some new SU treasures to play with too. One of my goals this year was to create some card sets that I could give away as gifts and I need to get that finished - so I can start to give them away!

I want to share a blog award with you - could you please email me and I then I can let you know the details? Thanks muchly!