On Wednesday, I stopped at my my LSS and picked up this sheet of patterned paper. I don't often know exactly how I will use a piece of patterned paper when I buy it, but I loved the little journaling cards and thought they'd make a great background for a card, using my new PTI Button Boutique stamp set.
So, I bought the paper (among a few, ahem, other things), and when I got home, I trimmed out the journaling cards for my card front.... but for some reason, got inspired to make other cards with the rest of the sheet...and ended up making five cards in total.
So, today's five for Friday is the five cards I made with one sheet of We R Memory Keeper's patterned paper...
1. I trimmed a piece of Papertrey Ink cardstock (aqua mist) for my background and diecut a scalloped oval from it (using my LL:oval dies from PTI). I also diecut the middle of the patterned paper with the smooth oval and a couple more ovals from the PTI rustic white cardstock. I stamped my sentiment (PTI's Holiday Tags 2012), layered it all together and added some stitching. Then I added two My Mind's Eye decorative brads and a bow made with PTI twine.
For this week's MIM at Papertrey Ink: Detail Glitter Technique, I painted over my house image with some Smooch, as well as on the brads. It's a very subtle, but pretty effect.
2. I covered a piece of PTI ocean tides cardstock with the snowflake portion of the patterned paper, trimmed to fit. I used my PTI LL:Squares dies along with my Memory Box die to create the focal point. The sentiment is from PTI's Wreath for all Seasons.
I added a bit a Smooch along the roof tops, snowbanks and trees, again For this week's MIM at Papertrey Ink: Detail Glitter Technique.
3. I used the leftover patterned paper strips and adhered them to some PTI ocean tides cardstock. I stitched them in place, stamped the sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites #9 and added a Snowflake Medley diecut from PTI felt, some PTI buttons and twine.
4. The flowers along the bottom of this portion of patterned paper were making it difficult for me to use for a Christmas card, so I decided to make a baptism card that a friend requested for his niece's baptism instead. Not having any baptism stamps, I decided to use my PTI Beautiful Blessings stamp set, along with some PTI dies (beautiful blooms II #2, heart border), buttons and twine. I also added a strip of WRMK washi tape.
5. And, once these other cards were made, I finally made the card that I pictured making in the first place....
I stamped an image from PTI's button boutique and added a little felt tree cut from PTI's Love Lives Here: Holiday dies & wrapped in MME baker's twine. I added some glitter to the star at the top for this week's MIM and a stamped sentiment from PTI's Love Lives Here: Holiday.
Well, I didn't get called into work today, so I'm hoping to get some Christmas baking done, as well as some more Christmas cards made.
Thanks for looking!