Sunday, December 09, 2012

My Wish List

What would you like for Christmas?

I'd be very happy to get some new stamps &/or scrapbooking supplies, the sweet wrought-iron bicycle that I saw in Winkler yesterday, maybe a pretty bowl for display, a new baking stone...

This month's challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog is to scrapbook your wishlist. And, although it might be fun to look back years from now on the gifts I wanted, I thought it might be more meaningful to my kids to scrapbook the things I really want for Christmas:

Love
Joy
Peace
That my kids would know incredible wonder at the thought of God becoming a baby & dwelling among us.

So, here's the layout I made:


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & decorative brads. I also used Papertrey Ink cardstock (smokey shadow, stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (Holiday Tags 2011, Love Joy Peace) and dies (double-ended banner, heart border, damask snowflake). The title and "wonder" were both cut on my Silhouette Portrait. The washi tape is We R Memory Keepers.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I added some Smooch to the "Joy" stamp for this week's MIM at Papertrey Ink: Detail Glitter Technique.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

craftmates said...

What a beautiful and meaningful layout. I'm sure, they will treasure it in the years to come. The photo of your kids is precious. - Irma

Tracy said...

beautiful Leigh. So many little elements that come together so nicely. You keep looking at it and discover something else :-)

Joyce said...

Very pretty.

Elena said...

that's really beautiful, Leigh...

Kelly Griglione said...

Leigh, I love, love, LOVE your layout!! All the different sections in your grid are filled with such interesting elements and text. And the colors (including the gray) are the best!!

Taheerah said...

I just love this layout Leigh, and the meaning behind it!

Jen Adcock said...

I hope you get your wish for more crafting supplies as that would mean more gorgeousness for us to admire from your beautiful crafty self. This page is a delight. I love the precious insights you share with us. Thank you. So special.

Sherri said...

Gorgeous! Good luck with the challenge.