Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 {of 2012} -- cards


Today, I wanted to share my twelve favourite cards that I made is 2012.

I had a hard time narrowing these down. I actually had three that I would have added here, but they were requested for publication. ;)

So, without further ado, here are my favourite cards from 2012...
(Click on the title of the layout to go to the original post for the details.)

1. A "you brighten my world" card that I made using some homemade patterned paper that I'd stamped -- January 2012


2. The wedding card I made for my nephew and his bride -- January 2012


3. The welcome back card that I made for Sage's teacher -- March 2012


4. The baby card I made for our friends' new son -- April 2012


5. The mother's day card that I made using a Sketchbook 4 sketch and some of my favourite patterned paper ever -- April 2012


6. The birthday card I made for the PTI Blog Hop in June, with my newer favourite patterned paper ever -- June 2012


7. The birthday card that I made for my friend, Val, using the same line of paper as #6, as well as a Got Sketch? sketch -- July 2012


8. The invitations I made for my fortieth birthday party -- July 2012


9. This card that I made for a MIM challenge-- the three little houses in a row just make me so happy -- August 2012


10. A card that I made, again using some favourite patterned paper and a sentiment along the side that makes me smile -- October 2012


11. A Christmas card that I was super pleased with how it turned out -- December 2012


12. And one more Christmas card that made me happy -- December 2012


So, what do you think? Any favourites?

Thanks for looking!

28 comments:

Elena said...

You've had such a great crafty year! I'm still as in love with your april birthday card as I was when I first saw it :)

Melissa said...

Such lovely cards! I love the Christmas card with the tiny houses! Happy New Year!

Lizzie Jones said...

Leigh, your projects are all so lovely! I think the Home to Home Christmas card might be my favorite, though that baby card is pretty darn cute! Thank you for sharing your favorite cards of 2012 for a second time!

Karen C. said...

Lots of fun and bright colourful cards, Leigh. I just marvel at how you use so many patterned papers in your cards. I love the baby card and the flip flop card. But your chalkboard Christmas card is awesome too!!

Unknown said...

Love your 2012 favorites! Can't wait to see what you create in 2013! Happy New Year, Leigh!

Merryf said...

You had a great year, Leigh! I love them all, but 7 and 10 are my two favorites, I think. Though I do love 3 and 4 also. Thank you for your blog and sharing your cards!

Tara Elias said...

My favorites are #9 and #12 :) Happy New Year, Leigh!

Rhonda said...

Great cards Leigh. I LOVE the April baby card. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Deb said...

I can see why you had a hard time narrowing down your selections. I love your Christmas card #11. So pretty! Happy New Year, Leigh. Congrats on all of your publications this year!

Laurie said...

Your cards are always amazing! I love that one of these is actually here in my craft room with me!! Thank you for sending it! I Hope you have a fantastic 2013!

Leah said...

They are all lovely, but I really love #10:) Glad to have met you in 2012 dear friend!

Luanne said...

They are all so wonderful! I wish I had a pinch of your talent. Love them all. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Wish you had a like button under each card because I like them all. Can't wait to see what's next year brings.
TFS!!

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE all of your cards. I love your style!! My favorite card is #6 Happy Birthday. Beautiful!! I love those colors together!

Joyce said...

What a great collection of cards. It's fun to see them all together. You really make such great use out of patterned papers. It's very inspiring. I've been off the grid for a few days, but I do recall seeing that you lost quite a bit of weight this year, and a big win at Mama Elephant--so congrats for those big accomplishments. Happy New Year.

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, each and everyone of your cards is beautiful! It really is hard to choose just one as a favorite, so I have 2, July, those birthday invitations are just too cute and then December, that little village is just so sweet, love it.
Happy New Year!

Terri said...

They are all great! I especially like the one with the elephant. Super cute. Happy New Year!

Inkyfingers said...

These are gorgeous Leigh and choosing just one card is difficult but I'd have to go for October. So so pretty!
Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh thanks for sharing you favourite card from the year, they are all so beautiful. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Kara said...

beautiful leigh!! love all of the stitching!!happy new year!

Crystal said...

#10 and #12 are my faves!

Michelle said...

Leigh, I love how you use patterned paper! You picked many of my favourites of yours here, but I think my biggest favourite from you in 2012 was your October flowery card. It's still one of my all-time favourite cards by ANYONE. :-)

Taheerah said...

Felt sure I had commented on this!! I love all of these cards Leigh, you had such a great crafty year! My personal favourites from these? Your flip flops 40th birthday card, and your December card with that Memory Box die! Great great cards!!

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh your cards are all so wonderful! I cannot pick a favorite - I like them all!!! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration all year long! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

I can see why you picked these. They are lovely.

Suzanne said...

Leigh, I think that the second one was published in CARDS, right? I remember when I saw it in there. My jaw dropped. I just love the heart strips embossed with wood. Your work is perfect and I just love coming here! I can't wait to see what you make in 2013!

- elbeth - said...

You're so awesome-ly good! I love your cards, Leigh! They're all wonderful!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh, so glad you did a year-in-review post, love these! And it was good to see your earlier cards before I started following you. Love that Christmas card with the black, yellow and white, very striking!!