Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Create: Sketches -- Sketch #3

Well, I had the day off today, so I decided to work on a card and a layout for Sketch #3 from Create: Sketches.

Here's the sketch:


And I'll start with the card, since I made it first. I used all Papertrey Ink products. I diecut and stamped the largest Friends Til The End bloom & the leaves with Versamark onto vellum cardstock and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I took ink and Q-tips and coloured in the images, for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Coloured Vellum Flowers. I layered these onto some white cardstock that I impressed with my hexagon cover plate and inked with my Tim Holtz blending tool. I added a sentiment from Boutique Borders: Birthday, stamped onto a die cut double ended banner. I added some buttons and twine to finish it off (& to cover a bit of extra embossing powder. ;)  )


(Sorry for the blurry sentiment-- it looks much better in real life!)

And here's my layout, which I made using Fancy Pants patterned paper, diecuts and stickers.


For my title, I used the hello banner and added it to a wooden skewer to make a flag. I also added another banner that I cut with my PTI Get A Handle On It banner and my Modern Uppercase Alphabet dies. The skewer was quite thick, so I doubled-up my dimensional adhesive on the houndstooth patterned paper below it.


I was going to add the PTI Pedal Pusher bike, but it was bigger than mine in the photo, so I decided to use this Flair instead, along with a Fancy Pants sticker.


And I added two stickers to a round sticker on the sheet that said Happy Day.  And here's a close up of my journaling.


Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty, your flower. Love the buttons!

Joyce said...

Nice layout and card. Your card is particularly amazing today. I guess I should watch that MIM video and see how the magic happens.

Linda S. said...

Very pretty, Leigh. Love the colors of your flower.

Kathryn A said...

I love all the great cards you've created with your Friends to the End flower stamp! The colours on this card are gorgeous, and I love the button accents!
Love your bike layout, too!

tonyamaries said...

I love both of these Leigh! The colors on your vellum flower are outstanding! And the bike button is super cute!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Wow. Leigh, that card is to die for. I need to go check out the video. Love the hexagons in the background, too. And your layout is so fun. The title work is great!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! I especially love the card with the vellum flower. Gorgeous! And I love that you scrap yourself!

Danielle Flanders said...

These are so pretty, Leigh! Love how you multi-colored the flower.
Danielle

Carolanne said...

The colors on your flower are so vibrant. Also I LOVE the shading on your embossed background. Really draws the eye into your flower. Beautiful card!

Kara said...

Congrats on ur SSS win!! Great projects today. Love your flower!!

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty card and I love the addition of the buttons...someone will love receiving this card! :0)

Kathryn A said...

Congrats on your win at SSS!!

Jean Martin said...

Fabulous creations! Love your choice of colors! :)

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous, vibrant color on your flower. Love those buttons too!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful card...love every thing about it!!

Charlene B. said...

Awesome card and lay-out! Love the color combo!

craftmates said...

Fabulous card and beautiful layout!- Irma