Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just Golden



Today, I want to share a card that I made using my new Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers stamp set. I'm linking this up for the Clearly Besotted Challenge #1: Anything Goes.

I used some Papertrey Ink cardstock and Crate Paper patterned paper (The Pier, again). I stamped a sentiment from PTI's Happy Trails on my patterned paper strip. I stamped the solid feather stamp in yellow and then topped it with the lined feather stamp in versamark, which I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I cut it out by hand and adhered it to my card using dimensional adhesive.


I added some PTI buttons and twine. To finish it off, I stamped some small circles (from Rosie Posie and Text Boxed) in different colours of ink and heat embossed three of them with gold embossing powder.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Leigh!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

this is stunning!!! might have to case your gold feather!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I adore the gold feather and the little buttons!

Caryn said...

Absolutely stunning Leigh - love the spots of colour!
Glad you could play along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kara said...

beautiful!! im so excited because I wont 4 clearly besotted sets and I chose this feather set as one!! cant wait to get it!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous Leigh!
Love the feather with the papers and spotted dots! :)

tonyamaries said...

Beautiful! Love the feather and that Crate paper!

Paulina said...

This is beautiful, Leigh! Love those soft colors and those little dots you added!

Joyce said...

Awesome card. I see another winner here.

Debbie Gaydos said...

So cute, I love the scalloped border and the twine - nice finishing touches.

Anita said...

This is so pretty!
Anita

Betty said...

So so pretty ... love the feather!
Betty

Michelle said...

That gold embossed feather is Fabulous! And all the little added details make it extra special. What a gorgeous card!

DF said...

What a beautiful card! It's so soft and feminine. I LOVE how you placed the dots around. I didn't think I was 'into' feathers (I'm always late onto trends ;) but this is making me reconsider!

Kelly Griglione said...

The yellow under your gold really makes the feather come to life. Great idea, Leigh!!

Cindy Lee said...

WOW!!! I love this card, Leigh! Seriously! This is very pretty! The colors are so sweet and dreamy! LOVE!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very soft and pretty, love your choice of patterned paper!

Chris L.

Rachel x said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous- so soft and pretty!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Petti said...

Pretty!

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Love your card...
Think this is a winning card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Stephanie said...

This is so very pretty. Thank you so much for taking part, I really appreciate it :) x