Thursday, April 03, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #71

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #71 by Gayatri Murali:



With this sketch, I decided to make a chalkboard card, 
using my Wplus9 Valetine Wishes stamp set.

Here's my card:


 I stamped the images and sentiments on some PTI smokey shadow card stock 
in Versamark and heat embossed them in white.
I stamped a trio of flowers and heat embossed those in sweet blush, 
to match my background card stock.
I inked the edges in black and then added some white ink to the centre of the wreath to mimic 
some chalk.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, April 10th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that stamp set and the subtle color you added.

alexandra s.m. said...

I just adore that faux-chalk effect and you did it brilliantly Leigh! so so cool ;)
Thank You~

merryf said...

That's lovely!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

Cute chalkboard card Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Leigh!!!! :-) Have a great day!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the chalkboard look, I've never tried it but your card is very inspiring so perhaps I will :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous chalkboard!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch--- beautiful! And so simple yet stunning--- you nailed it, Leigh! LOVE LOVE LOVE!


THANKS for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love-- you are the BESTEST:) HUGS <3

Lucille K said...

Leigh, this is such a lovely card, that card stock is fabulous :)

Greta said...

Neat card, Leigh!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Leigh!!! Oh love the chalkboard effect!!! FABULOUS :)

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful Leigh!

Chrissy Larson said...

I totally adore this card, Leigh! What a great idea with the chalkboard look!

Betty said...

Really pretty chalkboard card, Leigh :-)

Victoria Lavender said...

Neat card! I've never tried it before, thanks for the ideas...and thanks for the sweet coment on my card.
Cheers, Victoria

Wida said...

Why do t o do sketches more instead of staring at the card base like a dummy? I still love chalkboard. Very pretty!

Darnell said...

This is an awesome chalkboard card, Leigh! I love the pink with the black and white! I hope you are having a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

Jen Carter said...

This is so beautiful Leigh!

donna mikasa said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh! And genius!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous treatment of the chalkboard effect!!! One of the best I have seen out there! xo Kate