Sunday, April 06, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #11

*Note: if you're interested in seeing what stamps & dies
I have for sale, please click here. Thanks!

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #11:


I was inspired by the bold, bright colours, the frames and 
the white lettering on the blue background.
Here's my card:


I used all Papertrey Ink products.
I started with a Hawaiian Shores card stock base, which I stamped repeatedly with the Slide Frame die in Hawaiian Shores ink.
I diecut a Slide Frame from Hibiscus Burst card stock and then stamped it with the same colour ink.
I stamped my Wet Paint sentiments in versa mark and heat embossed it in white.
I diecut a Feather Finery die from white carddstock.
To "ink" up my stamp, I painted some yellow watercolour paint onto my stamp and then stamped it onto the die cut. I added a little red to the yellow and stamped it a second time.
Then, I added a little more red and stamped the dots.
A button & twine finishes it off.

I'm linking this card up to
this week's Make It Monday at PTI: stamping with watercolour mediums.

Thanks for looking! 

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

this is perfect!

Wida said...

Spot on! (Said in an English accent) hehe...

Kathryn A said...

Bright, cheerful and a great layout!

June K said...

Leigh, like your bold bright colors. A different take on the feathers. Love it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome Leigh!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomesauce!!

Leigh said...

lovely cheerful card, I love the colours.

Megan Carroll said...

Love your new blog Leigh so pretty. Your card is lovely too!

Sian Ridley said...

Oh wow!! This is a perfect take on the inspiration - spot on! Such a bright and happy card, it's having a positive effect on my Sunday night blues already :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfect take on the inspiration! LOVE it!

Luanne said...

Oh yes! You are rockin the Wet Paint! Such a cheery card, sure to wash the blues away! Love how you used the frame stamp for your background too!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This was worth the wait for me Leigh! Love that slide frame composition, and the combination of that one pink frame with that bright pop of yellow feather is swoon-worthy! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Kristy Vernon said...

Awesome! I love, love, love the pop of yellow on the card. The background is just perfect too.

alexandra s.m. said...

what an awesome take on the prompt Leigh!
love it!!
TFS~

Sharron said...

This would cure the blues any day! Love your background and the great contrast of the yellow & pink!

sableturquoise said...

I LIKE IT !
une carte pleine de pep's , si colorée .

Erin said...

Super cute, Leigh!

Charlene said...

Nice bright cheerful card!!!

cm said...

WOW - you've captured the 'essence'of the inspiration photo wonderfully!
c

Diane Jaquay said...

Love love love the colors on this, and the design is FABULOUS!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the layout.