Thursday, January 19, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #205

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #205 designed by Chrissy Larson:



I have to admit that I found this sketch to be quite challenging!
Here's what I came up with:


I stamped my Altenew Adore You stamps on two panels using my MISTI --
once in versamark ink which I heat embossed in white and
once in Altenew Jet Black.
On my top panel, I blended PTI Harvest Gold and Berry Sorbet inks using my blending tool.
I adhered the top panel to the bottom using dimensional adhesive.


I diecut my MFT thanks die from two pieces of black cardstock
which I stacked together before adhering to my card.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, January 26th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

23 comments:

Michelle said...

A beautiful card with exquisite ink blending, Leigh. Gorgeous!

Betty said...

this is such a fantastic card Leigh - love love it!! wonderfel design!!

Happy Dance said...

I love this! I keep looking at it, and finding new things that just make me smile! Those flowers....Love what you've done with them, and the colors! Soft and lovely. Truly beautiful card! And even though this sketch might have been challenging, you've met the challenge and gone above and beyond. Bev

Karen B. said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! So creative and beautiful.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What a beauty ... love how you created both contrast and continuity.

Stampingcountry said...

What a beautifully unique card! Love it!

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

What a beautiful card Leigh - now you got me thinking...lol.

Bobby said...

This is a brilliant way to interpret those borders, Leigh. I love it!

Celeste Goff said...

This is simply amazing Leigh! I love how beautifully you inked up that center panel!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! I love how you created the layers with your lovely ink blending. Brilliant and gorgeous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your very elegant take on the sketch Leigh!

Aileen said...

Not just beautiful but absolutely stunning. What a wonderful idea..

Cindy Groh said...

I love your take on the sketch. Beautifully done.

Marfien said...

It's a beauty Leigh, wonderful take of the sketch

Beth H. said...

Wow! Love this effect!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, Leigh this is so beautiful. I love the way you created the "layers" with some soft sponging. Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my stars, the is absolutely gorgeous!

Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

I _love_ your take on the sketch, particularly with the ink blending. It's so warm and lovely.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous spotlighting!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh Man, Leigh - your cards are always lovely!

I think that technique is incredible! I might have to try this sometime.

Cindy Beach said...

Leigh,
Just had to stop in and comment on your beautiful card. I love everything about it! The ink blending and colors are fab.

Lisa Petrella said...

I am totally in love with this card, Leigh!!! It's gorgeous!!! I'll have to give that technique a try sometime---the results are fabulous!

Annette Gordon said...

I just love the simplicity and class of all your cards.