Sunday, June 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

I have a card to share for today's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.
(By the way, this is my 75th time playing along with the PTI Blog Hop
-- and those are consecutive, too, as I haven't missed any since I started
participating in 2011!)
 

 This month's challenge was to use this beautiful photo as inspiration:


Isn't it lovely?
I wanted to incorporate the ombre with the flowers, but was a little stumped until 

Here's my card:


I started by stamping my sentiment (from PTI's Tropics) in versafine onyx black ink 
and heat embossing it in clear.
Then, I created a mask by tearing tha edges off of post it notes and made 
a frame, before stamping the Floral Bouquet outline twice in versamark ink
and heat embossing them in clear.


With my mask still in place, I coloured my flowers and background using my 
Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and a water brush.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful !!!!!

Betty said...

i loved Betsy's card too and your is equally as pretty - wonderful colors and great way to make the background without using the PTI stencil.

Carmela said...

Love your card! Very soft and such pretty colors.

Marcia Hill said...

GORGEOUS card Leigh...love it!! :0)

Kathryn A said...

I love how your background wash frames your flowers, and stands out from the rest of the card! Very pretty!

lainey said...

Very pretty Leigh! 75 Blog Hops - you might hold the record!

Diana K said...

So pretty, Leigh! I also loved Betsy's card and now I'll have to CASE you CASEing her! :)

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the organic feel to your edges, Leigh! Works perfectly with the loose watercolor and ombre effect!

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful Leigh! Loved reading your process. All came together to make a gorgeous card!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Very pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card for the hop Leigh!

DIANA L. said...

very pretty

Mona Pendleton said...

so very pretty!

Vicki Finger said...

So pretty and what fun that we used the same set! Love the color combination you used.

Teddra said...

Wonderful card, purple and yellow are such a fabulous combination. And 75 straight Blog hops - Way to go!!

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, this is drop-dead gorgeous, and love how you were inspired by Betsy's amazing card. I can't wait to try your technique since I don't have that stencil.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Leigh, this is so pretty with the torn masked edges!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card Leigh...love your soft sweet flowers.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful water coloring! Love how you created your frame and the colors are fabulous!

Pink Panoply said...

What a beautifully colored card, Leigh. I love the whole process you used to creative this masterpiece. Can't wait to try it myself. I'm following your amazing blog!

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful! Great take on the challenge!

Greta said...

So artistic & beautiful!