Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The plan

So, my friend, Darlene, & I started a 12-week challenge 4 weeks ago to lose weight. Basically, we each came up with five things we wanted to do for the next 12 weeks. Here's my list:

1. Exercise everyday
2. Eat between 1000 to 1200 calories a day
3. Avoid sugar and deep-fried foods
4. No snacking between meals and after supper
5. When I eat at home, I can only eat at the dining room table

So far, I've done really well with #1. But #2 thru 5 have been a little trickier. To date, I've lost 3 pounds.

But I'm pressing on.

I came up with a plan for exercising for the summer. Austin & Jonah have swimming lessons for the first two weeks of July and I've decided that we aren't going to purchase a beach pass, but we'll bike there instead. It's probably between 4 & 5 km away. We did a trial run this afternoon and it wasn't too bad. (It was really windy and the way there is mostly uphill, but I was very proud of how well Austin and Jonah did.)

So, between running every morning, biking to the beach for swimming lessons and sticking with my eating goals, I'm hoping to lose some more weight by the middle of August.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

anita said...

good luck Leigh! i should probably be joining you on those morning runs...*sigh*...

Eva said...

Keep it up, Leigh!! I really need to start something like this....

Linda said...

Good for you, Leigh! I'd be happy with 3 lbs. :-)

I've fallen off the exercise wagon and need to get back on it.

You're an inspiration.