Wednesday, October 01, 2008

8 layouts and a project

My Scrap Shoppe had another awesome kit this month. You can check out the October kit here.
At first I was actually a little nervous working with it, because it had quite a few sheets of the Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy"" line, and well, we don't go camping.

But, this turned out to be a good thing, as it made me think outside of the box and get creative.

So, here are the layouts I created:


The quote on this one says "I would wander weary miles, would suffer ridicule, my child, to simply see the sunrise of your smile." (I thought the "wander weary miles part fit with the little camper trailers. LOL!)




I created this one on the back of my "lovely on horseback" layout, which I had created by punching 47 3/4" circles out of pp and adhering them to the back of a piece of pp that I'd cut as a circle. Sine the pp I'd chose to punch the holes out of was double sided (love that!), I right away chose a coordinating colour and adhered it to the back (after I'd trimmed it into a circle.) Then I sewed it all together. When I saw how well it matched the MSS October kit, I decided to use it for a layout for a picture that was taken the same day as Sage horseback riding. So, it'll fit into a 12x12 page protector, be seen from both sides and still be in chronological order. :)











I created this layout for one of the Scrap Pink challenges at Create My Keepsake this weekend. Staci's challenge was to create a layout about a skill, hobby or talent you have that not many people know about.

Another challenge at the CMK crop was Dani's photo cube project which was so cute that I was inpsired to print out my pumpkin photos of my kids and make this:











The pages measure approx. 6x6" and I have it displayed on my piano. I'm so pleased with how it turned out!

I still have a few sheets of patterned paper left from the kit and I'm hoping to create a few more layouts with it.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, Leigh!! You are SO talented! I am in awe of all your pages, and that pumpkin patch accordion folded frame is absolutely amazing! I totally love how you used the Mr. Campy line with all your "non-camping" photos.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Wow, Leigh, I'm amazed!!! Love what you did with Mr. Campy. And your photo cube is the CUTEST!

Leah said...

You are such an inspiration, I love your layouts and your great photography!

Anonymous said...

ohh, love them all Leigh!

Julie Overby said...

You have been buuuuuusy! Awesome job girlie!!

Chrys said...

great projects!!