Monday, June 30, 2008


My twin brother phoned me on Friday and asked if I would be seeing my mom on Saturday.

"No, why?"

"Because it's her birthday."

Ooops! I can't believe I forgot my mom's birthday!! I know with everything being so busy lately (school ending, etc.). But still.

It was okay, though, because I'd tried calling her a few times this week and left messages. So when she called me back on Friday, I said: "Well, I was wondering what you had planned for your birthday tomorrow..." ;)

So, we drove to Winnipeg yesterday & took her out for supper to Montana's. We'd also stopped at Safeway to get her a birthday cake-- yum! I love Safeway birthday cakes!!-- but she was a bit of a spoil-sport and refused to wear the moose antler helmet and have the staff sing to her. Oh well...

Here's the card I made for her:

I used Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye and Rhonna Farrer patterned paper, Prima Flowers, an Autumn Leaves stamp and MOD buttons.


Heather M. said...

SUPER cute card, Leigh! I'm glad your brother gave you a friendly reminder! :)

RAE said...

Pretty card! I love Montana's too!

Laurence said...

Très jolie cette carte ! On dirait que la fin de l'année est dure pour nous toutes, mdr ! Vivement les vacances !